• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Draft Lottery 2019

Re: Draft lottery 2019

DeBrincat dropped to 31. You never know.

actually 39. (with one of the picks we traded for Shaw).

regardless, #39 isn't a mid round pick. And neither of our 2nd rounders are that high.

If he's available at 15 I take him. If you can get that kind of talent at 15th overall you take it an smile. Then do everything you can to develop him properly.

I’ve never seen him play but that article wasn’t effusive: Average feet, pace isn’t always good, inconsistent compete level.

actually 39. (with one of the picks we traded for Shaw).

regardless, #39 isn't a mid round pick. And neither of our 2nd rounders are that high.

Point still stands. Although unlikely, he may drop to 15 out of character fear.

I’ve never seen him play but that article wasn’t effusive: Average feet, pace isn’t always good, inconsistent compete level.

Unless there's someone else there with high end skill that you really like... I take a chance on the guy with elite skill. Chances are that he busts, but chances are that anyone you take at 15 doesn't become a top line player. At least this guy has a high ceiling.

Point still stands. Although unlikely, he may drop to 15 out of character fear.

I misunderstood— thought you meant he could fall all the way to mid rounds. I agree that falling to #15 is possible.

Unless there's someone else there with high end skill that you really like... I take a chance on the guy with elite skill. Chances are that he busts, but chances are that anyone you take at 15 doesn't become a top line player. At least this guy has a high ceiling.

I’m thinking PP.

I agree that if there isn’t anyone more skilled available they should grab him. The issue is Bergevin and his Karakter prerequisite.

If there are hockey gods we desrve to get in the top three like Carolina and Philly have in the past.

I hate rewarding futility like the Oilers, Sabres, Panthers, Wings who show no progress.

Well we'll know early on. Either the first card turned over says Habs (which is likely) or it doesn't. If it doesn't then that means they jumped into the top 3.

Well we'll know early on. Either the first card turned over says Habs (which is likely) or it doesn't. If it doesn't then that means they jumped into the top 3.

Fingers crossed

We got a 3.3% chance of busting a big move.

Oh man... it would be so awesome if it didn't say Habs. It would just erase all of the bullshit of missing the playoffs. Then it would be a long ass wait for the top 3.

It took me eight simulations before I saw the Habs (3rd overall).

It took me like 30 to get see them in 3rd. Then like 3 more tries to get them 2nd and another dozen or so and I got them in 1st.

Back