• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens acquire Joel Armia and Steve Mason

I hate MB.

I hate every move he's ever made (caveat below).

I even hate the ones he hasn't made yet.

I like this one.

Armia is an upgrade on our 3rd line with still untapped potential.

Armia, 25, was originally acquired as part of the Jets’ blockbuster Evander Kane trade back in February 2015, and the 2011 first-round pick is coming off of a career year in Winnipeg. Despite missing a bit of time due to injury, Armia finished the past season with 12 goals and 29 points despite playing largely fourth-line minutes. And there’s an honest-to-goodness shot he flourishes in a bigger role with the Canadiens, particularly given his mix of size, puck-handling ability and an underrated release. Adding Armia into the deal actually has its benefits for the Jets, however, as the restricted free agent was likely to earn himself a raise on the $925,000 cap hit he carried last season. And with Winnipeg needing all the cap space it can get, flipping him to Montreal saves Cheveldayoff and Co. some money in the long run while giving the Habs another piece with which to work up front.

I hate MB.

I hate every move he's ever made (caveat below).

I even hate the ones he hasn't made yet.

I like this one.

Armia is an upgrade on our 3rd line with still untapped potential.

As someone said before, this has the makings of a good trade, so we know Cheveldayoff came up with it.

I guess they see Armia as part of a team for a while. With the possibility that he thrives like Wiese did here and they can maybe even flip him down the road for a 2/3 rounder.

if there is one thing MB has been decent at it is finding those bottom line guys with a bit more potential

Back