• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Thread of Game of Thrones (spoilers inside)

Re: OT: Movies/TV Shows

that is one of the theories
but the bloodraven / three eyes raven is a targ - so maybe he did by trying to "help"

or maybe it is just that he went crazy

(my guess is if it happens it will be a book thing only - seems pretty specific for the show)

Ian McShane is know to have a 1 guest spot arc this season, many suspect it's as the Mad King, and i suspect if Bran makes him go mad it's just unintentionally.

I also am a believer that all of Dany, Jon ( Ned's Sister and Rheagar) and Tyrion ( Mad King and Tywin's wife) are Targaryon

Ian McShane is know to have a 1 guest spot arc this season, many suspect it's as the Mad King, and i suspect if Bran makes him go mad it's just unintentionally.

I also am a believer that all of Dany, Jon ( Ned's Sister and Rheagar) and Tyrion ( Mad King and Tywin's wife) are Targaryon

i do not buy the targ imp

I don't know that he's a targ. I thought he was a stark. It seems there are a lot of Brandon-type names in the history of the show, too many to be just a fluke now that Bran can warp through time and actually interact while he's there.

Lord Brynden Rivers, called "Lord Bloodraven", was a legitimized Great Bastard of Aegon IV Targaryen and Melissa Blackwood, his sixth mistress.

- http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Brynden_Rivers

just highlight to read - i do not know what a spoiler is and isnt at this point

The Euron thing was mostly likely a just get on with it type of thing. It was not done well but I do not think dragging it out for a few episodes would be better.
The ships thing blows me away - it would make more sense if they went stealing ships, etc. The iron island are not exactly forests. Though I like the idea of helping Dany get across.

Hodor was awesome because it was a REALLY long pay off. From season one / book one until now. Curious how Bran gets around now. No direwolf, no Hodor. Maybe we get to see Coldhands after all.

I just cant get behind the whole Kings Landing thing. I miss Joffrey.

Again, putting spoilers in white but I agree ... I don't even know what is or isn't a spoiler anymore.

I agree about Euron ... it's a "just get on with it" thing but still, I think it could have been better done. If the script is such that the Ironborn leaders are more vocal against Yara as a leader, even after Theon's speech, or if Yara is more vocal on her 'conservative' approach vs. Euron's "let's take the 7 kingdoms" approach, maybe I can see more reasoning for the leaders siding with Euron. As it, it was just rushed for plot convenience.

I find Hodor part especially ... upsetting ... because Hodor is a character who has been around since Season 1, and Bran literally grew up with him, especially after he was crippled Hodor became his legs. Hodor's an insignificant character in this war of the 7 kingdoms, but GoT manages to shed light on Hodor as a person in this season, which makes you invest emotions in the character, and to know he knew all along that he was gonna die holding the door one day, to finally carrying out the act ... that was just profound. I mean, the death of say, Tywin Lannister or Ned Stark or Joffrey has far more significant impact on the plot but death of Hodor is equally, if not even more ... involving from an emotional perspective.

The kings landing plot is just boring now. But it should get a lot more exciting next episode, as Cersei + Jamie are going for the showdown vs. the High sparrow. I also look forward to the battle of the bastards in the North (if it even happens, cause GoT is famous for taking a sudden sideway turn enroute to these epic battles ... Robb Starks' battle vs. the Lannisters was suddenly ended by the Red Wedding, Stannis vs. Renly battle never happened because Renly was assassinated, Stannis' battle vs. the Lannisters did sorta happen, but the wildfire became the centerstage and made it a one-sided battle ... )

sure

but it is hard to know if a theory is going to spoil something or not

and i have no clue what i am going to type before i type so i better just put it all white

jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
madeyoulook
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit

sure

but it is hard to know if a theory is going to spoil something or not

and i have no clue what i am going to type before i type so i better just put it all white

jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
madeyoulook
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
jonas is shit
those are not spoilers ... they are known facts. ;)

they are kinda teasing his ability to deal with dragons
What's the rumour now, imp is a targ?

I don't think so ... Targaryens have white hair, so that's the first giveaway. Also, Tywin, Cersei and Jamie all recall Tywin's wife dying while giving birth to Tyrion. Tywin's wife is completely non-existent in the storyline (unlike Lyanna Stark, who even though hasn't had much screen time has been mentioned numerous times and has been a 'mystery character'). It would be very anti-climax if all of a sudden they say Tywin's wife mated with a Targ and had Tyrion.

The Tyrion=Targaryen theory's been kicking around the interwebs for a while now, but that one seems like waaaay too much of a stretch.

And seriously, how many times can one series keep going back to the "baby with a secret identity/parentage" trope?

They've already done it with the three kids Robert "fathered" with Cersei, they'll likely be doing it with Jon Snow, and in the books (spoilers) there's also Prince Aegon Targaryen, who Varys supposedly switched out with another baby at birth so that kid could be the one getting his head bashed in by Gregor Clegane.

I haven't read the books, but I read about them that apparently the Mad King had his way with Tywin's wife several times, and then there's the whole Tywin liking to say that Tyrion is no son of his (which gets taken metaphorically rather than literally).

Wtf is a targ? Bran is a warg no? What's the difference?

Back