• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Draft Lottery 2019

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
So can someone throw some odds at our chances of at least moving up?

I won’t get greedy but I would be content getting somewhere around 12-11

What kind of jump did Carolina make last year?

Re: Draft lottery 2019

So can someone throw some odds at our chances of at least moving up?

I won’t get greedy but I would be content getting somewhere around 12-11

What kind of jump did Carolina make last year?

Unfortunately, unless we win one of the lotteries and get into the top 3, we'll be picking 15th. There's no moving up a couple spots.

I would think the Habs will not draft anyone under 6 feet. LHD or winger who has the potential to score 30 or more goals a season would be ideal. compete level must be consistent and high. Looking at the draft rankings, Cam York could be the guy. LHD with Morgan Reilly potential.

Of course Lavoie would be very tempting for the Habs but...appears to be too inconsistent.

I would think the Habs will not draft anyone under 6 feet. LHD or winger who has the potential to score 30 or more goals a season would be ideal. compete level must be consistent and high. Looking at the draft rankings, Cam York could be the guy. LHD with Morgan Reilly potential.

Back to the maccarron draft are we?

I think they will zero in on D

They went hard after forwArds last year

My thoughts:

If, by some way, Alex Turcotte slides all the way to our draft pick, this season will be a massive success. If he's not there (and I fully expect him to be done by pick 8 or 9), then it's whatever. Settle for Cam York, Connor McMichael or Alex Newhook. Nobody else really has my attention around that pick.

I'll also see who my man Simon Boisvert has on his lists. We both see prospects in the same way. Upside >>> all else.

Sounds like another enigma with low compete level. That said, he looks like he would help our PP immensely. Might be worth a flier with a mid-round pick.

haha. he's not lasting that long.

Molson needs to leverage bettman to provide an unlikely draft win.

Back