• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Redux 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tank Nation 2014

I suggest people leaving this thread be. Don't participate and let it die a natural death.

That'd work great.... except I think the originator will keep bumping the thread, just like his other one that was dead and magically got bumped up a few days ago.

Probably will post some tweet from Tony Marinaro about tanking for draft picks or something dumb like that.

Not the best year to be tanking either.

Oh well, my first & last post in this thread.

Habs should try to dump the dead weight of vets who don't have it anymore, Gionta, Briere, Bourque.

In essence the Habs need 2 top nine RW and 1 LW after jettesing the dead weight, and depending what comes back (draft pics/players) they could try the following.

Louis Leblanc was a first round 18th overall pick in a draft, lets see what he's got...

Pacioretty Desharnais Leblanc

Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher

Bournival Plekanec Andrighetto

Moen White Prust

That'd work great.... except I think the originator will keep bumping the thread, just like his other one that was dead and magically got bumped up a few days ago.

Probably will post some tweet from Tony Marinaro about tanking for draft picks or something dumb like that.

If you can't ignore a thread then use the ignore feature on the poster. There are threads here, and other boards, that I simply don't open. When I am done browsing I use the "mark forum read" feature.

If you can't ignore a thread then use the ignore feature on the poster. There are threads here, and other boards, that I simply don't open. When I am done browsing I use the "mark forum read" feature.

Boy he (BKerr) can be a whiny little bitch, can't he

Leaving aside the person who started the thread and his possible motivations, the fact remains that this team is not going to accomplish anything of value this year. So why should they blow their brains out trying to squeak into 8th place just so they can make Geoff a few bucks before being humiliated by whoever they play in the first round? This team needs to be gutted from ear to ear. Half the players on the 23-man roster need to go, not a year from now, not when their contracts expire. Right F'n Now! Gut the team and start over. Tanking is the only way to get the ball rolling on real, significant change. As long as the team is "only" mediocre, there will be no pressure on management to do anything but tweak and tinker. Well they've been tweaking and tinkering for two decades now and the result has been consistent mediocrity. And as far as I can see, the only thing that management has done during this time is to find a way to make mediocrity pay off on the balance sheet. The only "management" going on the past 20 years is managing the expectations of the fan base. They've been systematically lowering them so that they no longer have to be any good on the ice in order to make money off of it.

This team needs to tank like a constipated senior citizen needs an enema. It needs to get rid of all the $hit that's been backing up for the past 20 years.

Leaving aside the person who started the thread and his possible motivations, the fact remains that this team is not going to accomplish anything of value this year. So why should they blow their brains out trying to squeak into 8th place just so they can make Geoff a few bucks before being humiliated by whoever they play in the first round? This team needs to be gutted from ear to ear. Half the players on the 23-man roster need to go, not a year from now, not when their contracts expire. Right F'n Now! Gut the team and start over. Tanking is the only way to get the ball rolling on real, significant change. As long as the team is "only" mediocre, there will be no pressure on management to do anything but tweak and tinker. Well they've been tweaking and tinkering for two decades now and the result has been consistent mediocrity. And as far as I can see, the only thing that management has done during this time is to find a way to make mediocrity pay off on the balance sheet. The only "management" going on the past 20 years is managing the expectations of the fan base. They've been systematically lowering them so that they no longer have to be any good on the ice in order to make money off of it.

This team needs to tank like a constipated senior citizen needs an enema. It needs to get rid of all the $hit that's been backing up for the past 20 years.

great post :iagree::thumbup::worshippy:

the problem is this regime wont do it .....they will keep patching and bandaiding this mess

this was the year for mb to start the purge especially on d where 2 of nathan tinordi or pateryn made the team with legit minutes and dump bou or get murray and flush diaz out

We haven't had the balls to pull this type of trade in over 20 years (trade 2 vets during the season while still in playoff race)...

Gionta and Markov can be packaged for draft picks or players....we will lose both for nothing this summer....I doubt we will give Markov 3-4 years at 6 mil, which he can easily get on the market (see Gonchar).

the problem is this regime wont do it .....they will keep patching and bandaiding this mess

this was the year for mb to start the purge especially on d where 2 of nathan tinordi or pateryn made the team with legit minutes and dump bou or get murray and flush diaz out

We've seen that post in one form or another for 8 years. Meet WHMCTY

We seriously need to find room for Tinori and Bealieu. They can hold their own right now and need to fit themselves into this team, and they're 6'3" and 6'6" respectively...

We seriously need to find room for Tinori and Bealieu. They can hold their own right now and need to fit themselves into this team, and they're 6'3" and 6'6" respectively...

May actually be bad for Tank nation though.

We haven't had the balls to pull this type of trade in over 20 years (trade 2 vets during the season while still in playoff race)...

Gionta and Markov can be packaged for draft picks or players....we will lose both for nothing this summer....I doubt we will give Markov 3-4 years at 6 mil, which he can easily get on the market (see Gonchar).

While its true that Montreal has never done this deal, has any team done it in the last 20 years? The "trade 2 vets during the season while still in playoff race"?

May be, I just can't stand the thought of Bou and Murray playing instead of those 2. Even for a few games...

I see it all the time even in minor hockey. I personally feel Count Jr is the best Dman on his team (yes bias included). There is one boy on the team, was named captain this year (we have same coach this year as last year, but are a higher ranked team in a higher tier and both Count Jr and the other boy were on the same team last year). Most of the dads cannot figure out why the other boy was named captain as he is not a leader, not loud, never talks in the room etc. I remember Count Jr was devastated he wasn't named captain, but so were the three other boys who were on the same team last year.

In any event, I believe CJ has played much better than the other boy this year but he is the coach's favourite, is bumped ahead of others for ice time etc. Mine can go games without being on for goals against and all the coach says is, oh we are missing the other boy, that is a huge loss etc

If it were just me who thought it, I would think it was just a dad wanting more for his son, but other dads have said it to me too.

Some coaches will always play favourites.

We've seen that post in one form or another for 8 years. Meet WHMCTY

Don't shoot the messenger. If the team had done what I was advocating I wouldn't have to repeat myself every damn year. I suspect that management knows what needs to be done but they just can't bring themselves to do it. They don't have the guts to give up on 8th place on purpose (and for more than just one year) in order to properly rebuild. Muddling along in mediocrity is the path of least resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back