• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 44 - Montreal Canadiens @ St Louis Blues - THU JAN 10TH 8:00 EST

Yeah either make the playoffs of tank, this middling crap won't cut it.

I do think management thinks the team is better than it is, even though the left side of the D is pedestrian and Domi hit a wall as center. So Julien either needs to move Domi to the wing after getting a real center or better yet, put him with Gallagher and Tatar and move Drouin to Danault or KK's line.

Domi is just returned the player he was before, someone who cannot score. I suspect there will be a shakeup. Houde and Denis discussed it during their broadcast last night. Once the home team announcers discuss slumps, you know a change is about to happen.

Domi is just returned the player he was before, someone who cannot score. I suspect there will be a shakeup. Houde and Denis discussed it during their broadcast last night. Once the home team announcers discuss slumps, you know a change is about to happen.

They should be taking calls on Tatar and Shaw .....their values will never better even with Shaw sidelined .

I don't think this regime thinks we are better than what we are at all . I think they are surprised we are what we are this year .

They have to understand Jesus Price can no longer carry the team on his back , his elite days are over and hasn't been in 3 years .

MB stated we maybe trading vets at the deadline not moving assets to acquire depth .

Despite what many posters hope, this team will never tank on purpose, however it seems like they have agreed to retool their team based on youth and speed and focus on development. It seems that for once they won't take shortcuts either so I expect them to stay mostly put at the deadline, definitely not go for rentals but maybe pick up some young guys with some term left on their contracts or RFAs. As teams picks up on vets, they might have to move some younger players to make room on their rosters. I expect some minor pickups like Reilly last year.

Despite what many posters hope, this team will never tank on purpose, however it seems like they have agreed to retool their team based on youth and speed and focus on development. It seems that for once they won't take shortcuts either so I expect them to stay mostly put at the deadline, definitely not go for rentals but maybe pick up some young guys with some term left on their contracts or RFAs. As teams picks up on vets, they might have to move some younger players to make room on their rosters. I expect some minor pickups like Reilly last year.

Its not a question of tanking etc...

Simply make the smart moves based on your outlook , that's all a fan can ask for .

Alzner, Shaw and Dumbko were stupid moves that served no purpose

67 was a great move for a vet we had no use for in the future and a pending UFA .

As we head into the TD period , we don't need Benn or Shaw .

Simply make the smart moves based on your outlook , that's all a fan can ask for .

67 was a great move for a vet we had no use for in the future and a pending UFA .

If benn has any value, he needs to be traded

I think management (just like the fans) expected them to bad this season. In a way they were somewhat trying to tank, and would have been OK with it if they did. On paper this is a very bad team. Berg was thrown a massive lifeline, so being shitty was an OK option for him job-wise.

Anyways, I assume the plan now (last playoff spot or lottery pick) is to stand pat or maybe try to sell of some of the useless vets (Schlemko, Benn, Alzner).

They should be shopping guys like Tatar, Shaw and Weber, but they likely aren't.

That's pretty much what I was saying

I think management (just like the fans) expected them to bad this season. In a way they were somewhat trying to tank, and would have been OK with it if they did. On paper this is a very bad team. Berg was thrown a massive lifeline, so being shitty was an OK option for him job-wise.

Anyways, I assume the plan now (last playoff spot or lottery pick) is to stand pat or maybe try to sell of some of the useless vets (Schlemko, Benn, Alzner).

They should be shopping guys like Tatar, Shaw and Weber, but they likely aren't.

I think they are just about where they expected to be. The overachieved at the beginning of the season but being in the thick of the battle for the last place in the playoffs is what I suspect they were expecting.

I think they are just about where they expected to be. The overachieved at the beginning of the season but being in the thick of the battle for the last place in the playoffs is what I suspect they were expecting.

The 5-1-1 start is the reason why they are hanging around. They've been a near bottom feeder since that start.

I doubt Bergy trades Shaw.....teams inquired about him last year and Bergy said he wasn’t available.

He’s shown chemistry with Drouin—Domi....i betcha management blames Domi-Drouin slump on Shaw being injured

Meh, that was last year. If someone offered up a first he’d probably move Shaw.

Back