• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Misc 2018 Playoff News Thread

I will be in DC over the weekend. They could have a parade on Sat if they win Thurs. I guess the parade will be on one of the big streets by the mall? Independence or Constitution or Penn. Ave . Verizon center is not far from the mall so it could start or end there.

Remember to wear your Canes gears so you can Rock the Red...

yes that makes sense for the parade since they don't know if it will be on the weekend . They could do it on Monday, don't think it would be on Sunday.

The Caps got serious! The Knights had an amazing run, but it's over now.

The Canes were up 3-1 on the Oilers and that one turned out to be a lot closer than we would have liked. It just took the Oil eking out an OT win in Game 5. Ugh... who gives up a shorty in OT with The Cup in the building? Oh yeah, we do. Was is Stillman who botched that pass?

Speaking of that 2006 team, Doug Weight's now available for that assistant coach spot!

Snow should have been canned years ago. The Weight firing doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I understand providing a clean slate for the new GM, but they will have a hard time finding a better coach than Weight. Just further evidence that Tavares should be running out of there at full speed come July.

Snow should have been canned years ago. The Weight firing doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I understand providing a clean slate for the new GM, but they will have a hard time finding a better coach than Weight. Just further evidence that Tavares should be running out of there at full speed come July.

Sheldon Keefe of the Toronto Marlies is the front runner to coach out of the gate, Lou knows him well from his time in Toronto

Well, maybe ... it may be that Tavares and Weight don't get along or that Weight does not have Tavares' confidence. There are any number of reasons why firing Weight could make sense in the bid to keep Tavares. That said, if I were Tavares I'd be out of there regardless.

I'm starting a rumor that Tavares really, really enjoyed his BigMo at MoJoe's and thinks Krispy Kreme is better than Tim Hortons.

Snow should never have been hired. Don’t forget, he was still an active player when he was hired and his salary counted against the cap because he was an over 35 contract.

Snow should never have been hired. Don’t forget, he was still an active player when he was hired and his salary counted against the cap because he was an over 35 contract.

That whole period of their history should be wiped from the Islanders history books. None it should have ever happened, so let's pretend it didn't. That's what most Isles fans I know do. They'll get in their new barn over by the race track and NEVER look back on Snow, and Brooklyn ... or anything that happened the last few years.

they spent a lot of money to upgrade the old Veterans place , for what? Flea markets? Doesn't seem like they will be able to get anything booked with a fancy new place not far away. Maybe they can book Amway conventions at the old place.

The Canes were up 3-1 on the Oilers and that one turned out to be a lot closer than we would have liked. It just took the Oil eking out an OT win in Game 5. Ugh... who gives up a shorty in OT with The Cup in the building? Oh yeah, we do. Was is Stillman who botched that pass?
Yep, Stillman.

That was basically the only mistake Stillman made in a pretty much flawless playoff campaign. I have a hard time holding a grudge on that one.

That was the most careless, lackadaisical pass in an OT with the awarding of the Cup on the line. I'm not so sure I'd be so forgiving if the Cup wasn't ours at the end of game 7. We got the cup, so all was well!

Back