• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Nate Thompson from Kings

Exactly. But strange to see Mr. Glass is Half Full so down on this acquisition. He's better than Chaput (I hope) and we're talking 4th line duties.
My gut feel says MBs not done, he’s going long - I sense the last two games speeded up the “reset”

I'm ok with those cost nothing moves. It seems like we got a bit of NHL winger, center and LHD depth at the exchange of moving down from a 4th to a 5th.

I'm ok with those cost nothing moves. It seems like we got a bit of NHL winger, center and LHD depth at the exchange of moving down from a 4th to a 5th.

Exactly , these patch moves are ok as long as they add some depth or improve a position and are short duration .

Its those Alzner patch moves that kill us .

My gut feel says MBs not done, he’s going long - I sense the last two games speeded up the “reset”

These are the types of pick-ups everyone expected. Nothing shocking here.

We will pick up a couple more low-cost and low-upside (maybe one mid-upside) vets to fill out the roster for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

The general manager isn't gonna mortgage the future for this season. It's not the right time to push all the chips in. He's already bought himself more time because of this unexpected season. There is no pressure on him to blow up the future now.

Marc Bergevin gives Claude Julien a new fourth line that meets his No. 1 criteria https://theathletic.com/812577/2019...new-fourth-line-that-meets-his-no-1-criteria/

If there is one thing that drives Claude Julien up the wall, it is watching his fourth line allowing a goal. They don’t have to score, but being scored on drives him absolutely nuts, something he has made clear on a number of occasions this season.
In Weise and Thompson, Bergevin has acquired two players who accomplish what Julien is looking for in a fourth line.

They do not allow goals.

So according to McKenzie, the new guy won’t keep up with the rest of the team....i remember last time we traded for a slow skater from Kings...

If he doesn’t work out then so be it. It cost nothing. I’m really at a loss why people even care

Me too LOL at WORST he is slightly better than Chaput!

I think he’s not slightly better than Chaput, he’s a seasoned NHl vet with 600 plus NHL games under his belt.

Thompson will be more reliable, good on draws, high energy and good on PK.

He’s a good NHL 4rth liner while Chaput is an AHLer.

4rth liners have been liabilities the last couple of monthson this team, Chaput, Dagostino and Peca have been directly responsible for goals against inside the last 15 games.

I dont think these guys are liabilities..its just seeing if weise and Thompson can find chemistry to maybe generate a goal here and there

Last edited:
Shades of king, Martinsen, Ott with this move.

Every time the habs are going to the playoffs, Julien tells MB to go grab a slow meathead.

Shades of king, Martinsen, Ott with this move.

Every time the habs are going to the playoffs, Julien tells MB to go grab a slow meathead.

Watch the Thompson play before you judge.

We know Weise and we can judge him based on that for good or bad.

But I remember watching Nate Thompson enough times drom his days in TB and Ottawa to know that he slots in pretty well as a 4rth line center.

He’s not fancy, he’s not a meathead, he quietly goes about doing what he needs to do on a 4rth line, which wasnt the case with the guys we had

Watch the Thompson play before you judge.

We know Weise and we can judge him based on that for good or bad.

But I remember watching Nate Thompson enough times drom his days in TB and Ottawa to know that he slots in pretty well as a 4rth line center.

He’s not fancy, he’s not a meathead, he quietly goes about doing what he needs to do on a 4rth line, which wasnt the case with the guys we had

The weise that's returning isn't the weise we once had, and since I watch a few preds games, I have seen Nate Thompson. He's slow, 34, with one foot out of the league as it stands. I'll be surprised if he's in the NHL next season.

He costs nothing for a reason, but it's not the cost that worries me, its the usage. After MB traded for King, Martinsen,and Ott for next to nothing, Julien didn't bench them after they combined to a grand total of one goal. In the series versus New York where we were dumped in 6 games, he continued to play them as usual, even when we were starving for offense.

I'm not surprised at this move, simply disappointed. MB built a fast paced team that is in a playoff spot, but of course, now he starts to give Julien his pets for the post season that runs counter to the fast paced team achieving success in the regular season.

Back