• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I'm not arguing that one way or another.

Fair. Just a great job picking on Vegas.

Vegas iirc gave up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd for a few games of Tatar.

Then traded Tatar (1st, 2nd, 3rd), a recent 13th overall, and a second rounder.

Looking like this might be a Rivet trade all over again.

Got a comparable player (Gorges/Tatar) and a top prospect (Max/Suzuki)

So Rouyn-Noranda will be playing Guelph on Friday night. The winner faces Halifax in the finals.

All QHL final, great stuff! Jacub Lauko has been great for Rouyn, another pick beyond the first round by Boston(out of the Czech Republic) who will likely make it and looks like a possible second line type. Bruins draft well in that range. We don't

I have not seen any games live like some of you, which maybe you need to do to appreciate Suzuki. To me, he has not been anything special despite putting up a few points.He did not lead the charge for Guelph tonight.

Rouyn has had the Mooseheads' number. Won the finals, won the round robin game. I don't think Halifax can win. But the beauty of this tournament is that Halifax only needs to beat them once.

We have a better pro prospect than Jakub Lauko on Royun in Joel Teasdale and we got him as an undrafted free agent.

Not sure about Teasdale. He has had a great playoff all the way through, is physically a force and is putting up numbers.But he'll be one of many strong guys in the pros, when he is not older than most kids. He appears rough to me on skates, like many of his type.He may make it, or be never heard from again.His game is certainly enticing for us...

Last edited:
I'm not sure either. He's a longshot to make it and his ceiling isn't all that high.

That said, I would take him over Jakub Lauko who does close to nothing for me.

I thought Lauko was very good in this tournament and particularly last night. You may have a better read-I had hardly heard of him before.

Suzuki was very good again.

Didn't think so. Maybe I'm the outlier on all of this. Or to the point where I have absolutely no trust in Habs ability to evaluate young players and start with a negative view when I watch our players because of it. Naturally, I'm rooting for him all the way.Unfair of me perhaps to put the entire inability of the Guelph team to be better than the QHL teams in this tournament on his back.

To me, he appears to see the ice extremely well and can play in traffic, while not being particularly showy in any one facet of his game. Which is fine I guess.

Last edited:
I found he struggled with pace most of last nights game vs RN. Did made some nifty passes on the Ozone though.

His game is built around high IQ and passing skills.

He is not an elite skater from the numerous times I saw him, but it shouldnt be an issue in the pros.

He needs to get stronger as he gets outmuscled for pucks .

I don't understand how Jarret Tyszka and Scott Wallford aren't signed yet. Doesn't look like they'll be getting deals.

I mean, they're both longshots to make it, but they're still worth a look. We signed Antoine Waked, Hayden Verbeek & Michaael Pezzetta, three players who could never even dream of playing in the NHL, but Tyszka & Wallford aren't worth a look?

I don't understand how Jarret Tyszka and Scott Wallford aren't signed yet. Doesn't look like they'll be getting deals.

I mean, they're both longshots to make it, but they're still worth a look. We signed Antoine Waked, Hayden Verbeek & Michaael Pezzetta, three players who could never even dream of playing in the NHL, but Tyszka & Wallford aren't worth a look?

Brook, Fleury, Leskinen add Tyszka and Walford, that would be some young D corps in Laval. Probably not going to happen.

Send Walford & Tyszka to the ECHL if that's the worry.

I don't get why this organization has refused to do that with young players. The ECHL isn't Siberia for prospects. The ECHL will get them plenty of ice time when they'd be healthy scratches in Laval.

I think the organization is starting to accumulate a lot of young prospects now so they should look at getting their own ECHL team again.

Back