• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Dudley to join Hurricanes

Or Dudley jumped a sinking ship.

Or he is a mole to convince the canes to take Zadina or somebody at number 2.

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2018 Offseason

His scouting was a big reason behind our Weise , Dano , Byron secondary moves

Vaughan Karpan was our head pro scouting until he took the gig of head of player personnel in Vegas.

Pro scouting has been a mess since he left, Alzner, Hemsky, Schlemnko etc...

I read a report on him recently as a reason for the Vegas success story

How bad did Dudley want out that he went to a team without a GM
His contract was up in June, he wasn’t being given a new one, as evidenced by the press release stating that role will not be filled. Classic corporate elimination of role.

How bad did Dudley want out that he went to a team without a GM

He's good friends with Wadell, remember these are the two architects of the Atlanta Thrashers.

I would think he was encouraged to move on by the Habs

We have no depth to make those deals ....cant blame him for that

We moved our only trump card for a french dude who scored 13 goals , something that Carr at 650k can do with regular minutes

I know you are pissed at the organization as a whole but are you seriously comparing Drouin to Carr? JD ceiling is extremely high while Carr is well... medium at best.

He's good friends with Wadell, remember these are the two architects of the Atlanta Thrashers.

I would think he was encouraged to move on by the Habs

Ya Dudley has so much experience, getting another job was a no brainer, he's the king of lateral moves. Habs avoid some awkwardness by not firing him outright.

Looks like Waddell will be there for awhile, if he managed to convince ownership to hire his buddy Dudley.

Supposedly, Waddell was going to leave the Hurricanes once the new owner has his management team in place, but he's played the puppet role so well during the transition period that I suspect he's going to end up sticking around as the owner's mouthpiece. God only knows with this bunch.

Ya Dudley has so much experience, getting another job was a no brainer, he's the king of lateral moves. Habs avoid some awkwardness by not firing him outright.
Yup - just like u don’t fire Gainey, u let him quietly walk away to play his piano... #da-code

I wonder at what point during the season will Molson name himself GM ? Or just let Larry Carriere do it while they interview McGuire again, only to tell him they gave the job to Stephane Quintal.

Eric Engels:
There are no restrictions on Rick Dudley with Carolina. It was expected he might be leaving as conversations with Carolina were ongoing. Canes were given a deadline by Habs because Habs were starting amateur scouting meetings today. Dudley got his deal done with Carolina yesterday and thus did not and will not participate in Habs draft plans.

I know you are pissed at the organization as a whole but are you seriously comparing Drouin to Carr? JD ceiling is extremely high while Carr is well... medium at best.

Nope.... I dont trade a stud potential 1D for a 13 goal scorer and his 40 + points

My point is 40 points and 13 goals , I can find in September when clowns are looking for work

Like PK this wasnt a hockey deal at all .

It was simply to appease the French media and lick the ballz of the province that we got a french guy and help ease the PK bashing .

Nero knew another beating was coming when Drouin was traded elsewhere and his days were numbered in TB .

Only clowns trade a stud for LW ..try to make him a center ..... and he isnt

Аrpon Basu:
Rick Dudley says in conference call that he spoke to Canadiens about renewing his contract, but that he needed a new challenge so he went to work with his old friend Don Waddell in Carolina.

Аrpon Basu:
Dudley says he gravitated more toward amateur side with Canadiens in past few years, working with Shane Churla and Trevor Timmins. Said timing of his departure works because he won't be attending Habs amateur scouting meetings when they formulate their list.

that is what i thought but that was the guy we lost to vegas
there was an article on athletic about it during the first round

Yeah, Vaughan Karpan was the former director of pro scouting who managed to escape to Las Vegas.

Back