• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 3 - Los Angeles Kings @ Montreal Canadiens - THU OCT 11TH 7:30 EST *Home Opener*

The boys must be tired. Second game in seven days, brutal.

Actually shows in the execution that they were off this long

i would have rather seen them play two days after the Pens game.

Stupid scheduling

Stat of the night- of the Habs 40-SOG only 3 were within 10-feet of the net & only 15 from within 30-feet of the net

Last edited:
I’m starting to think Drouin is just a dumb player. All the talent in the world but the elevator doesn’t reach the top floor.

I dunno. Kessel is dumb as **** and he's done just fine.

This "hockey IQ" thing seems made up sometimes. No other sports seem to use the "IQ" term.

I guess they just could be admitting that hockey players are generally dumb as **** when it comes to life/real smarts - so they throw them a bone by using this "Hockey IQ" term.

Last edited:

This "hockey IQ" thing seems made up sometimes.

Fat Phil produces every year . Without checking stats probably a top 10 goal scorer in the last 6 years He has elite offensive instincts . JD has done fck all besides grow his hair and make those spin moves on a pp and losing the puck .

Horrendous deal by Nero . This wasn`t a hockey deal .

This "hockey IQ" thing seems made up sometimes. No other sports seem to use the "IQ" term.

I guess they just could be admitting that hockey players are generally dumb as **** when it comes to life/real smarts - so they throw them a bone by using this "Hockey IQ" term.

I relate hockey IQ to smart decision making on the ice.

Petry as an example strikes me as a player with a limited hockey IQ, his decisions in the circumstance he's in on a certain plays are questionable.

Case in point the season opener vs the Leafs...being on the PP and having the Leafs on the ropes exhausted and running out of gas on the PK and he decides to take a very low percentage shot on an angle that he is sure to not hit the net and the puck clears the offensive zone, pretty much gave the Leafs a huge break.

This is just an example of a player that is not thinking and this isn't a one off...Petry often has brain farts.

I wouldn't say Drouin has a low hockey IQ but he is not really putting himself in a position to succeed

Stat of the night- of the Habs 40-SOG only 3 were within 10-feet of the net & only 15 from within 30-feet of the net

Campbell was rarely screened. He saw everything. When Shaw got in his grill they scored. Not a coincidence.

So how would you explain his poor decision making?

Also, there’s a direct correlation of hockey iq and general iq. Most great players are smart.

Fine, call it hockey smarts or whatever.

But it's a term that is widely used in hockey by coaches, analysts etc....

On ice vision was used years ago. Then they changed the term to hockey iq. It’s a catch all for knowing and anticipating the game. It’s just a term. No reason for people to mock it.

So how would you explain his poor decision making?

Also, there’s a direct correlation of hockey iq and general iq. Most great players are smart.

Have you heard guys like Gretzky, Messier, Mario, Tavares, Babcock etc. talk about things other than hockey? When they do it's cringe-worthy.

Having to specify "hockey IQ" as a real thing is essentially admitting that hockey players are generally dumb as **** when it comes to life/real smarts - so they throw them a bone by using this "Hockey IQ" term.

You equate ignorant to dumb.

That’s a fallacy.

I am taking about how dumb they are, not how ignorant they are.

FYI -- usually dumb people are pretty ignorant. But let's move on -- you've created an opinion and won't be bothered. It's not really that big of deal.

Back