• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 Draft Discussion

Re: 2018-19 FI Hockey Entry Draft

Please post any draft pick changes and I'll update the top post

Re: 2018-19 FI Hockey Entry Draft

Might be easier to go through fantrax? Not sure if there is a tool or just go through team by team and make adjustments that way.

Re: Dispersal Draft 2018

I’d like the record to reflect I still have 2 balls Axl...

No Kessel run here.

How are we dealing with this issue?

Year Draft Picks
2018 1(MNIJ), 3(F57)

Apparently my team is owed Jonas's first rounder which he just selected.

How are we dealing with this issue?

Year Draft Picks
2018 1(MNIJ), 3(F57)

Apparently my team is owed Jonas's first rounder which he just selected.

This is a completely different draft. Jonas 1st rounder in the rookie/FA draft is available to be picked as an asset in this draft. You don't actually own his pick right now. It's available like all the players listed are available.

Also, is there any way to dump the players from the teams redrafting? It would make things much easier and quicker to use the Fantrax available list.

This is a completely different draft. Jonas 1st rounder in the rookie/FA draft is available to be picked as an asset in this draft. You don't actually own his pick right now. It's available like all the players listed are available.

So how does that work though? If I select his first pick in 2018 it's already been taken. Sorry if this was covered earlier.

So how does that work though? If I select his first pick in 2018 it's already been taken. Sorry if this was covered earlier.

Well no it hasn't. This is not the draft that picks have been traded in. Every year we do an entry draft with rookies/available FA/unprotected players. We will do that once you guys complete this draft. As I said, your team is a completely blank slate right now. You don't have any current assets. No picks, no players - nothing.

Re: Dispersal Draft 2018 - Bobby OTC

Yeah, we always do our rookie draft in the summer but it's been delayed by the need to do this dispersal draft first. Once it's done, we will do the full league rookie draft next. Which involves selecting players from the NHL 2018 Draft, as well as any current FA's in Fantrax, plus any unprotected players from current rosters (each team protects 20 skaters, 25 minor leaguers, and usually has 5 reserves left over who are "unprotected". You guys can see who was left unprotected by each team by clicking the "Protected Lists" thread.

In the Available Players post, I included any 2018 draft picks that were still owned by previous managers, along with any 2018 or 2019 draft picks from other teams that were acquired via trade.

*** All 7 teams participating here will need to draft 2018 picks in this dispersal draft in order to have picks in the full league rookie draft.

Would like to have other managers weigh in on the correct # of rounds for the dispersal draft. Since the rookie draft is 4 rounds long, it might make sense to make this draft 54 rounds. This covers a regular team's assets of:
- 20 protected players
- 25 minor leaguers
- 5 reserves (unprotected)
- 4 Draft Picks (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Rounds)

Back