• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2019-Whenever Misc. Grab Bag Thread

Also on the Raleigh Neurology bandwagon. They have really helped me with severe migraines (like there's any other kind?) since the TBI I had in 2007. I'm almost back to normal (not that I was ever there in the first place) and headaches don't control my life anymore.

For contractor, I would talk to real estate agents in the area or the county permitting office. They should know who's good and who isn't. Don't expect to be in a hurry when you find a good one. They probably aren't a secret and likely have a waiting list.

Jim

Clippers getting new LA arena in 2024. Probably tired of being #3 in staples center behind lakers and kings. the old forum and LA sports arenas are both still there not sure why .

Clippers getting new LA arena in 2024. Probably tired of being #3 in staples center behind lakers and kings. the old forum and LA sports arenas are both still there not sure why .
LA Sports Arena I believe was torn down around 5 years ago? The Forum has been converted into a mostly concert arena now, and its a 'A' list concert venue, many top artists will schedule the Forum.

Clippers owner Ballmer bought the forum for $400 mil but it looks like he's tearing it down for the new arena. 400 m pocket change to him. I guess he can get concerts at the new place. New place is Intuit Dome

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/la-...00-million-plus-arena-naming-rights-deal.html
It opens another revenue stream for Ballmer, assuming he can book ancillary events at Intuit Dome. At Staples Center, he’s paying rent to AEG, which I’m sure he’s thrilled with.

Per Sportico, no decision has been made yet about the fate of the Forum. With that said, I'd be shocked if they don't tear it down.

If they do, they need to put the remains with Chick Hearn’s. His voice was synonymous with the Fabulous Forum.

Fwiw, Michael Cooper was my favorite NBA player from the late 70s to early 80s. Great defender in an era where that was a rarity, and could absolutely levitate. Chick had some great calls featuring his play.

They shouldn't have any problems booking non-sports events at the new Intuit Dome. The Forum is a dump and they were booking all kinds of stuff pre-pandemic. With 3 sports teams and being located in LA, Staples was the second busiest arena in the US behind MSG. LA is plenty big enough for 2 major indoor venues.

Bulls wrapped up best record in all of AAA. Don't think they are having playoffs. Mudcats 2nd in their low A division
Yep, there are no playoffs in AAA this year. They extended the season by 8 games to 10/3, so the Bulls open a 5 game set at home tomorrow before finishing in Norfolk.

Didn't get in on Paulie's tangent on the post season/ summer thread, so why not a blind, no-look, backhand pass off the boards at the blueline onto the grab bag thread?

My wife & her horse riding friends have all logged so much much time and money at the NCSU Vet School with treatments and diagnoses on their horses. It's not like they're going to name a wing after them or anything, but I guarantee they help keep the lights on over there. That Vet School has a lot of specialty diagnostic equipment and the experienced hands to operate and save animal's lives with it. It is well known as one of the best known schools in the nation. I stopped asking how much coin she's dropped there, because her horse is worth it. He challenges her, gives me relief, and some free time to go fishing. Plus, many days I'd rather have her riding his ass than mine.

Jim

The Vet School library used to be my go-to location for online scientific literature searching until they started requiring a staff member to log you on to a public computer and made it virtually impossible to download anything. It's become less of an issue recently with so much literature (at least that I am interested in now) in open access.

I was at the library in 2016 when that huge hailstorm hit. The roof of the library is corrugated aluminum with very little soundproofing and it was frigging LOUD in there. I was parked out in the fairgrounds lot across Blue Ridge Road and wound up with a $1500 claim.

Back