• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

It's been almost exactly 20 years since the Islanders packaged up Chara with the pick that turned into Jason Spezza, and traded them to the Sens for Alexei Yashin. Kind of funny to see his career come full circle.

I guess at this point, it looks like Chara's going to do the Chelios/Jagr thing, and keep playing in the NHL as long as anyone's willing to offer him a contract.

20 years later chara and Spezza have had hall / near hall of fame careers, and both continue to be contributing nhlers. Yashins last season in the nhl (albeit a productive one) was 15 seasons ago.

What a great trade by the sens. With alfredsson and hossa in the fold that should have been a cup core b

I consider the Sens the best NHL team not to win a cup in my lifetime. So much talent.
Millbury was so brutal as GM. Islanders had themselves a team that could have won a cup without all those horrific trades.

Yeah, I don't feel we're asking too much.

Most of us adored HabFan Bob Cole calling Leaf games when we were growing up. In recent years on HNIC, I've been fine with Chris Cuthbert, Paul Romanuk or even HabFan John Bartlett calling our games.

It's just the one guy who cheers for the opposition and sounds like someone shot his dog when the Leafs score that I don't like.
Nobody is worse than Garry Galley and the Sens. Nobody. Oof.

I don't really understand the Sabres position of not allowing their best player have surgery to heal his injury or not trading him.

Whats the end game? Even if he agreed to have the fusion they want he is out for the year.

I loved reading Canuck fans who were outraged at Dreger for being critical of how Benning has handled his RFA and actually made the comment that Dreger would never say that about the Leafs. LOL. I guess people slept through that year where that's all Dregs talked about

I don't really understand the Sabres position of not allowing their best player have surgery to heal his injury or not trading him.

Whats the end game? Even if he agreed to have the fusion they want he is out for the year.

He wants surgery that only one notable athlete is known to have had (Russian figure skater) and his back blew up after it.

this is on eichel not the Sabre’s.

He wants surgery that only one notable athlete is known to have had (Russian figure skater) and his back blew up after it.

this is on eichel not the Sabre’s.

Its a risk because no NHLer has done it, but I get it. Spinal fusion is pretty bad for his long term back health and mobility. There is a good chance it doesn't end with one fused disk. He's still young.

Its kind of crazy that all the power is with the team.

It clear why no team is willing to pay the price for him though. Legit could be done, or at least a fraction of what he had the potential to be.

Some good news for ya'll as we enter the new season:

PS. I think we need a "Media" Thread on this board, maybe I should start one? Or People really don't care that much....

Back