• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Babcock Death March

BG

Had to check.

Leafs have a winning record.
Leafs are holding a playoff position.
Leafs still have a positive goal differential.
Leafs longest losing streak this season is 2 games.

zeke

Had to check.

pretty much in the same boat as TB, STL, PIT, NSH and better off than SJS, CGY, etc.

but DISASTER.

Wayward DP

Had to check.

and our PDO is pretty fugly too.

I'm with zeke on this one

LeafGm

Had to check.

Technically, sure.

But five wins in 11 games is stretching the definition of "a winning record".

In points percentage, they're 6th in their division (ahead of only Ottawa) and 10th in the East.

A +2 goal differential after 11 games. Yay?

Yay?

Volcanologist

I do still think Andersen will get his shit together, at least in the regular season, which will solve a good chunk of GA issues. Mid to long term though goaltending is a major issue. As much as the defence is, IMO. I'm not confident in all in him as a playoff goalie.

Death march is likely a bit early. Team won't do anything until the injured guys are all back and we've got the full lineup. any head coaching change is months away still unless this really goes off the rails...and I agree with zeke, I think it will turn around at least in terms of the record.

The most worrisome thing to me is the falloff in Matthews. He is way below capabilities in terms of his effort and level of play, and I say that despite the 8 goals. I don't know what the problem is, but with the size and skill he has he should be terrorizing the Bruins slow defence instead of the other way around. It's between his ears because he's 100% healthy now. The guy has so much more to offer besides the shot.

LeafOfFaith

Yeah, it's tough to watch him right now and feel like we got a good deal with the massive contract.

It's almost like Matty and Laine traded places over the summer.

But I feel like the whole team is in the process of putting it together, and will soon enough.

However, the backup goalie needs to be replaced immediately.

Artnes

This isn't disaster territory, but it certainly isn't reassuring.
With the talent this team has there is zero excuse to be in this position. They should be at the top of the standings

Without a change in their current system I am not hopeful this gets turned around

uncus

Lol. I was just asking zeke about a babcock death march lol.

I say that the cock is gone by this sunday.
Or a trade by then ..... which I hope isnt the case ....
If the leafs get spanked by the bruins then I think it is all over but the crying.

How many more years is babcock under contract for?

If I were dubas, I would find out if there is any interest in babcock out there and trade his ass.
NYR traded their coach before ....

BG

The high-pace, offense-first system works well against a high percentage of teams - but the one's that can keep pace and force turnovers sure make us look bad.

Artnes

Its much more effective then what we are currently rolling out

They are behind the Sens and Wings in EV xgf. Thats just sad