• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

BOOK: CUJO The Untold Story of My Life...

BG

Google Books Preview

Not quite finished the book myself, but breezing through it pretty quickly. (Found it for $8 in Indigo's bargain books).

A few good stories, but the toughest part is the first half of the book where he talks about his childhood. Take a read of the preview link, and you'll get a picture of what his early life was like. Certainly puts into perspective why he made many of the career choices he did.

I was a huge CUJO fan when he joined the Leafs, and he had some incredible moments for us - especially in the play-offs. Hard to believe he was only a Leaf for four years, and yet his move to Detroit felt like such a betrayal.

I'd forgotten what teams were spending on goaltending then (1999-2005), his first contract with the Leafs paid him $24/4yrs. He left for Detroit on a $24/3yr deal.

Worth a peek.

Last edited:
The signing with Detroit was such a disaster. And he went there to "Win" and for less $$$.

It's funny though how little star salaries have increased in the NHL over the past 15-20 years. Every other sports' stars salaries are through the roof.

Finished it.

He goes into detail of the many team-mates (and fan favourites) we know, including Roberts, McCabe and Belak.

Talks extensively about the 2001-02 playoff run (and Winter Olympics).

Talks about his signing with Detroit (and his regrets).

All in all, worth a look - especially for 8 bucks.

It's made me want to look more in depth into that Conference Final run we had - as at was insane how we made it that far.

Boy that man could play goal. Was a stone wall against us. Only Gilmour could score on him.

Haven't read the book, sure its interesting. But I saw what I saw, when he played for St. Louis, he was great. Better than great.

I love player biographies. I'll get to reading this one day. The most interesting one to me was Theo Fleury's. That was one hell of a ride...

It's made me want to look more in depth into that Conference Final run we had - as at was insane how we made it that far.

Here is a link to the events that transpired that season, it was nuts.

Back