• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Cam Signs & Retires

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The only thing that’s surprising is that they didn’t announce a date for retiring his jersey.

So now he’ll be a full time winemaker. If anyone is interested in spending a lot of money on his wine, Vineyard 36 will be releasing their new vintage at Taylor’s Fine Wine and Live Bait on Six Forks Rd., north of 540 on September 6. For those who haven’t been, you should, if for no other reason that to experience the incongruity of a gas station/convenience store selling $100+ bottles of wine.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
I suspected that was coming sooner or later.

Congrats to Cam Ward on a super career, and to the Hurricanes for allowing him to retire in the right uniform.

StormChaserBH

Dittos.... Congrats to certainly one of the most important players to wear the Canes uniform, and thank you always for the 2006 and 2009 seasons.

cmaleski2

The most successful goalie in franchise history (one littered with some terrible goaltenders, it doesn't take too much to be the best goalie in this franchise's history but Cam easily earned that and then some with the Cup win and Conn Smythe). Clearly a number retirement ceremony will occur somewhere down the road. Congrats to Cam and his family and welcome back home.

Last edited:

CanadaCanes

Owner is clearly too broke to come up with $30 in cash so they passed the hat around the office ... according to sources on Habs Twitter.
Canes Envy is real and alive and well in the Strip Club Capital of the World North of the Border...

cmaleski2

Waddell definitely wouldn't have $30 on him. Rather than paying him a salary, Dundon has Waddell living in PNC and only provides a cot and free hot dogs and Cheerwine. None of the Canes employees get paid, they all work under those same conditions.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Waddell definitely wouldn't have $30 on him. Rather than paying him a salary, Dundon has Waddell living in PNC and only provides a cot and free hot dogs and Cheerwine. None of the Canes employees get paid, they all work under those same conditions.
TBF they also get chicken tenders and arena coffee. So ... not so bad, really.

ThinIce

Sorry to be late to the party, but I lost this site for quite a while and couldn't find it. Glad to be back home....just like Cam Ward!

SlapShots

It's the way it should be-- Ward retiring as a Cane. The guy was quite capable and brought us some thrills and performed valiantly in the playoffs and in the Stanley Cup run, as a rookie no less.. His career was marred by overuse, playing behind ghastly defenses and underwhelming offenses. I still think RBA should have been the Conn Smythe recipient, but Ward was just as deserving. Says something about guys like Ward and Williams willing to retire as Hurricanes..