• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Eight Years Ago Today

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
My youngest daughter won Play With the Canes in 2002. Shane Willis rolls up in a Cadillac Escalade, Joe rolls up in a beat up Ford Explorer. When they were playing street hockey, Joe jumped way up and extended his stick to knock the ball down. One of our friends asked why we were letting the big kid play. We told her it was Joe. He was 21 at the time.

Last year, we went to the Alumni game and won the jersey off Willis’ back. I reminded him of that day and he said, “I miss the hell out of that big guy”.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
He was a big part of this club, not limited to the 2002 run. Always in my memory, RIP Condor.
How different would 2006 been if he hadn’t torn his ACL early that season? Would we have traded for Doug Weight?

And the lost 2003-04 season, when he was the leading scorer with 19 goals and 45 points.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Always loved Joe. He managed to always play with the sort of awe struck happiness you get from living your dream.

RIP big man.