• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #10P OCT 21, 7:00 SN - Jackets @ Leafs

zeke

Gotta win this one because tomorrow night's gonna be real tough with the 3rd game in 4 nights against a rested bruins squad.

p.s. check out the comp of their elite #2 dman to our crappy one.

Gameday.png

LeafGm

This one definitely screams "trap game".

48 hours after an emotional OT win against our playoff opponent from the last two springs, and we're playing against a mediocre, out-of-division team with whom we have no history or rivalry with on a Monday night.

Like you say though, we really can't afford to look past this one, or we could quickly be on a two-game slide with Hutchinson facing the Bruins tomorrow night.

Preston

Okay Willy, you've been shit for enough games now. I love the **** out of you and your corsi. Clearly an overall net positive. But it's time to produce again.

Thanks.

Artnes

wha?

5v5

57.82CF (2nd)
5.19xgf (2nd among fwds)
57.04 xgf% (2nd)
6.02 oish%
4 pts

Willy has been fine

Preston

wha?

5v5

57.82CF (2nd)
5.19xgf (2nd among fwds)
57.04 xgf% (2nd)
6.02 oish%
4 pts

Willy has been fine
Oh I don't disagree. 4 game pointless streak though and just 7 shots in those 4 games (5 coming in 1 game) - he had 14 shots in his prior 5 games and generally looked far more threatening. I've been yelling at Mucho Moneys so it's only fair to call out Willy a bit here. I love his analytics and shit and I'm not concerned but it's time to start producing here.

leaffan2005

dont ignore the oish%

Keep up what he is doing and the points will come
Yeah I get that. And I hope you are right, but this stuff is an inexact science. Not upset with his play or anything just clapping back against the "he's been fine" argument just because his fancy stats look good in spite of disappointing production. If you want to say he will get better than sure, but at some point the production needs to be there for somebody who is playing with Auston Matthews and is paid $7 million.

zeke

It's weird really. Neither of the top two lines have been getting any puck luck but the bottom 2 have been getting all the puckluck.

BeLeafer

resurrected
A rare night with goaltending advantage. Good thing because the BJs usually play the poop outta the Leafs.

zeke

OISH% 5v5

Kerfoot 15.7
Mikheyev 15.3
Timashov 14.3
Moore 12.2
Goat 11.8
Shore 11.4

Matthew's 8.2
Johnsson 8.1
Kapanen 7.9
Tavares 7.2
Nylander 6.8
Marner 6.3

Artnes

2nd unit PP time doesn’t help

If he can slot on the top unit on a consistent basis those totals will go up.

Was Saturday his first opportunity all year?

BeLeafer

resurrected
This is a game where it would be good to have Babsbot do something that's not automatic. Leafs have home ice, rested and Hutchinson doesn't give the BJs a goaltending advantage.

Yet he'll play Fred and count a near sure loss on Tuesday -- on the road, 3rd in 4 nights, against a top team. Would be good to not just forfeit it.

LeafGm

This is a game where it would be good to have Babsbot do something that's not automatic. Leafs have home ice, rested and Hutchinson doesn't give the BJs a goaltending advantage.

Yet he'll play Fred and count a near sure loss on Tuesday -- on the road, 3rd in 4 nights, against a top team. Would be good to not just forfeit it.

Yeah, it would be nice for some more nuance in his strategy, rather than rigidly sticking to paint-by-numbers bullshit.

Ain't gonna happen, though.

zeke

And then hutch loses us the winnable game and fred plays great to keep an exhausted team just close enough to lose tommorrow.

Bleedsblue&white

I understand Babcocks mentality on game 1 going to your starter...but...nothing needs to be in stone...so what's wrong with admitting your backup is a backup for a reason and spoonfeeding him a win or two and some confidence...and that's what really bugs me;

maybe if we had given Hutch the easier assignments he has wins and feels good about himself instead of him now knowing he's on the block.

Volcanologist

I think it makes sense in the situation where one of the back to back opponents is way better than the other. We need to make sure we get at least 2 of the 4 points, so it actually makes better odds to play our stronger goalie against the weaker opponent.

uncus

Why not just play Freddie both games and worry about resting him after Christmas with as many points as possible under their belts?