• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #20: NOV 13, 7:00, SN - Leafs @ Isles

Well, for the first time, count me in on the fire Babs bandwagon now. I’m sick of this. There’s no excuse. The only time we start playing our brand of hockey is when we’re down and it’s late in the game and Babs takes his hands off the wheel and lets them just start attacking. Play like that the whole fucking game!

Babcock should be fired simply for wasting Holl in the pressbox all last season as he leaned on a bunch of stiffs.

Amen brother. I got booted off this board for recognizing no calves on this stooge. But its great, solid posters like you have figured out this guy, will never win a Cup for Toronto.

Get Sheldon Keefe in here, and have Gilmour and Clark as assistants and lets go boys

But the personnel? Ha hah hahaha. Its sorta funny. If you have a big stooge like Gauthier? Get him to use his body. I mean is there no coach in our system who can get a guy who can actually play a bit, to throw that big body around?

I guarantee you, if you get a goof like that to play physical, you can change a team.. Get him playing like this? And allowing it? Ahh, just watch the Raps, its jai lai

Lol. I get "it".
From Friedman:

Not sure how good that actually is.

Pat Burns was the master at that. You let teams run around on the outside, and literally poop them out by the third period. It was hilarious to watch. We have never had a coach with a brain large enough since, to do that again.

Its a brilliant strategy and nobody except Burns, ever used it here in Toronto. Some might call it boring, but winning hockey never bored me, I just didn't get a chance to see it much here in Toronto.

The Isles play that system because they have to. Trotz didn’t play this style when he more skillled teams in Washington and Nashville.

I just don’t know how sustainable this system is long term. They go extended periods without a shot and manage to score on their only opportunity. It can’t last can it?

100% Keefe gets this team rolling
Like the GM..... you all place so much hope in an unknown commodity.
Looks like Lou has assembled a fairly competitive team that won a playoff series.
Guess the old man wasnt washed up after all.
Dubas is getting quite the free pass here.
He assembled this defence and forwards group, and the goaltending.

Babcock has lost his mojo here and should be replaced.

But this isnt babcocks fault that this team doesnt seem to want to start on time, has goaltending issues, and it's as soft as Preston's head.

This team is amazingly talented, but they have no heart.

They are like grey hounds and boxers.
Amazing to watch and beautiful, but dumber than dirt.

Babcocks method has been tested and is proven from past statistics, but this team has shut him out.

I really dont think keefe will be the answer, but it is a start.
This team is fundamentally flawed.

I really wish they had brought keefe up as a asst coach to start the season.

This is becoming a mess but i hope they dont start a full reboot.

Maybe Dressing the backup for the next 2 games and give Andy a couple of nights off to get his head straightened around will help.
Then I would ride him until the end of january and then give him another week off.

Babcock will have big success with another team .... if this I am sure. But it isnt working here and I would put the blame at 50/50.
These kids need a psychologist as well as a motivator .... they are broken..

I only see a bunch of I's and no team here.
That is the beauty of the Marchants and beregerons ..... they play for the Crest not the ego underneath.

It just seems to me that these kids dont respect dubas and the cock.
Funny when lou was here, everyone towed the line and no one challenged him.
Now ......

Btw, zeke ...... if anderson is suffering here and the backup position is a mess..... what other goalies in Anderson's price range could be had in a trade?

If I am correct, Anderson only has one more season left on the existing contract and he will want alot more money.

I know that this isnt a huge anderson blame, but he isn't as productive as he has been.
And anderson has let this team down time and time again.
Why are we always so surprised whenever he let's in a bad goal or two?

So the positive .... Matthew's is progressing well .... nylander is finding his groove under Matthew's superman Cape.
Hyman is back so it makes the leafs a little harder to play against.
Muzzin is a horse out there and is going to be missed sorely out there next season.
Kerfoot and mick are more than expected.

Cons .....
Gauthier is a train wreck. But he shouldnt be getting half the minutes he is getting.
Moore has taken a step back. I wonder if it is from the country club atmosphere.
Nylander, kappy, petan, barrie, mo, dermot, matthews(?), Moore, Johnnson has many many times, spezza, kerfoot play way to soft.
When matthews and tavares and anderson take the cheap shots they have and no one comes to there defence ..... serious problems here.

This team is in trouble .... if they can work this out together and get through this, they will be a beast come playoff time.
But if they cant figure this out before Christmas...... their season is done and so is babcock and dubas will hopefully be put on a short leash for the remainder of the season.
Tampa had this type of season a couple of years ago and then came out flying the next few.

Looks like Lou has assembled a fairly competitive team that won a playoff series.

Babcock has lost his mojo here and should be replaced.

But this isnt babcocks fault that this team doesnt seem to want to start on time, has goaltending issues, and it's as soft as Preston's head.

This team is amazingly talented, but they have no heart.

They are like grey hounds and boxers.
Amazing to watch and beautiful, but dumber than dirt.

Babcocks method has been tested and is proven from past statistics, but this team has shut him out.

I really dont think keefe will be the answer, but it is a start.
This team is fundamentally flawed.

I really wish they had brought keefe up as a asst coach to start the season.

This is becoming a mess but i hope they dont start a full reboot.

Maybe Dressing the backup for the next 2 games and give Andy a couple of nights off to get his head straightened around will help.
Then I would ride him until the end of january and then give him another week off.

Babcock will have big success with another team .... if this I am sure. But it isnt working here and I would put the blame at 50/50.
These kids need a psychologist as well as a motivator .... they are broken..

I only see a bunch of I's and no team here.
That is the beauty of the Marchants and beregerons ..... they play for the Crest not the ego underneath.

It just seems to me that these kids dont respect dubas and the cock.
Funny when lou was here, everyone towed the line and no one challenged him.
Now ......

Btw, zeke ...... if anderson is suffering here and the backup position is a mess..... what other goalies in Anderson's price range could be had in a trade?

If I am correct, Anderson only has one more season left on the existing contract and he will want alot more money.

I know that this isnt a huge anderson blame, but he isn't as productive as he has been.
And anderson has let this team down time and time again.
Why are we always so surprised whenever he let's in a bad goal or two?

So the positive .... Matthew's is progressing well .... nylander is finding his groove under Matthew's superman Cape.
Hyman is back so it makes the leafs a little harder to play against.
Muzzin is a horse out there and is going to be missed sorely out there next season.
Kerfoot and mick are more than expected.

Cons .....
Gauthier is a train wreck. But he shouldnt be getting half the minutes he is getting.
Moore has taken a step back. I wonder if it is from the country club atmosphere.
Nylander, kappy, petan, barrie, mo, dermot, matthews(?), Moore, Johnnson has many many times, spezza, kerfoot play way to soft.
When matthews and tavares and anderson take the cheap shots they have and no one comes to there defence ..... serious problems here.

This team is in trouble .... if they can work this out together and get through this, they will be a beast come playoff time.
But if they cant figure this out before Christmas...... their season is done and so is babcock and dubas will hopefully be put on a short leash for the remainder of the season.
Tampa had this type of season a couple of years ago and then came out flying the next few.
I legit cant even read this

I mran. Is it?
As I have mentioned a few times.... petan is a selfish player and the exact type of player this team doesn't need.
Are you saying that there isn't a bigger body that can skate and play the boards in the organization, that can be brought up?
Small selfish players that disappear when it gets close to playoff time is not what this team needs.
And judging from his sliding through the waiver wire .... other teams view him in this way also.
Btw.... hey Preston, you asked me to remind you to take your medication for your lobotomy. Make sure you take both pills and please try to stay off the dog.

LOL

First I agree that babcock should be gone but to blame him for the teams slow starts and their lack of hustle is wrong.
I also dont think it is going to be easy for keefe to come in and have to deal with this bunch of characters .... I wish he had have been hired as an asst coach from the start of the season.

You were all chirping about Lou being old and out of touch with the times.
He wasnt.
The islanders actually have a better record than the leafs since the beginning of last season when lou took over their operations.

Babcock being the problem for all that ails the leafs .... he isnt.
The leafs play very very soft and other teams around the league know this .... see foligno quote and the laughter.

Dubas getting another free ride ..... he is.
This is a guy who waited to long to sign his BIG 3 ..... he screwed up the leafs back up golayending position.
Leafs are in cap hell. You can spin this anyway you like.... but they dont have a buck to spare and cant legitimately go out and fi d another option without jettisoning someone else off the island.
And then I mentioned the good points ....
Leafs doing well in some areas..... Matthew's, muzzin, etc.

If you need help with your other subjects, I will try to help .... lol

How about loading up on 2 lines and have the other 2lines playing kiddie bar the door hockey.
Play the top 2 lines 22 minutes a game and let the other two lines play for their minutes.
Yes it is old fashioned but it works.

I have a very sneaking feeling that this will happen very very fast ....if it happens at all.

They dont have to interview anyone .... or maybe there is another coach they are more interested in than keefe and are waiting for the off season to make their move.

If this goes till the end of the season then I would guess that keefe isnt their man.

If this goes till the off season, then I would guess that dubas isnt their guy either.

I don't think you should read too much into a team with a doofus for a coach. If these habits persist after a coaching change, then, sure.

I don't think you should read too much into a team with a doofus for a coach. If these habits persist after a coaching change, then, sure.
The team not showing up to start many games is not on the coach.
Playing soft isnt on the coach.
Playing the 4th line and his pets as much as he does is on him and so is his use of certain players on him.
I have never been on board with firing someone for the problems of others, but this is a multi layered problem and he is to blame for many of the issues here.
Scotty Bowman .... one of the greatest coaches of all time, once thought he was a gm in buffalo. It was a disaster.
He and babcock are great coaches, but they should have zero input into managing their teams.
I think they babcock has become more available to tactical change but he still cant get past his own ego and his own favorites.

I have never understood the usage of babcocks 4th lines.
There is no need for the 4th line to get double digits for usage ..... zero.

As I mentioned before, if Matthew's line get 22 minutes a game .... and JT's line gets 22 minutes a game ....and kerfoots line gets 15 minutes a game ..... that leaves very little for the 4th line (plus pking)
Why are they getting the minutes that they do????

Ok. Melt down is over ...lol
Apologizes to all today lol.
I lost alot on those idiots last night. Lol.
Have a great day all

Keefe may not be the answer but at least he is on the same page as the GM with how his lineup should be run

His vision of how a team should be run is the right one. Bring in Keefe and see if this team he has assembled can pull it off

Back