• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #9: OCT 19, 7:00 HNIC - Bruins @ Leafs

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
4th line skill >>>>

I still remember being way too pumped about getting this kid in the late rounds of his draft year.

Preston

Oh and now that I say this he'll do something horrible tonight but muzzin is this teams best d right? I don't even hate Mo... I just think really really fucking highly of muzz. LHD and all they should try their hardest to keep him next year.

His age is scary but anything relatively short-term and/or cheap and I'd be real interested.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I like Muzz, but with his age and skating, I think it's easy to go out and find a Muzz replacement than it is a Barrie replacement. I don't think Muzz will be cheap. Somewhere around the Stralman contract from this summer. Also left handed, something we're not really lacking in the organization going forward (Rielly-Sandin-Dermott)

Deckie007

4th line skill >>>>

I still remember being way too pumped about getting this kid in the late rounds of his draft year.
Yeah I remember. It just may be helpful to draft these skilled but flawed kids, see if they can hit their ceiling, and if they don't, develop them into something you can use on the bottom of your roster instead of over paying vets in FA. Weird.

Preston

I like Muzz, but with his age and skating, I think it's easy to go out and find a Muzz replacement than it is a Barrie replacement. I don't think Muzz will be cheap. Somewhere around the Stralman contract from this summer. Also left handed, something we're not really lacking in the organization going forward (Rielly-Sandin-Dermott)
Well he fucked up as I predicted he would.

And yeah, he reminds me of prime phaneuf, but possibly even better. May not age well. Would be nice if they could clone a younger version of the fucker though.

I just uhhh.. would prefer someone other than Barrie personally. I love the guy and love watching him play, but he's not the guy they need imo.

JackBurton

There's no way I see Dubas trying very hard to keep Muzzin. You're right, he's replaceable.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Well he fucked up as I predicted he would.

And yeah, he reminds me of prime phaneuf, but possibly even better. May not age well. Would be nice if they could clone a younger version of the fucker though.
Yeah, 26 yr old Muzz would be lovely. I don't know if I would want to be the one paying Muzz 5.5-6 million or more a year as a 34-35 yr old though. I think we're just fine on the left going forward.

I just uhhh.. would prefer someone other than Barrie personally. I love the guy and love watching him play, but he's not the guy they need imo.
Honestly disagree a lot. He's a puck moving genius and we've needed that on the right for years. I think a bunch of our defensive issues are overblown now. We're not great (mid tier in corsi against, 10th in scoring chances against) but we're not bad at all. It's weird that we got rid of all the "defence first" plugs, and our "defence" got better.

Preston

Yeah, 26 yr old Muzz would be lovely. I don't know if I would want to be the one paying Muzz 5.5-6 million or more a year as a 34-35 yr old though. I think we're just fine on the left going forward.

Honestly disagree a lot. He's a puck moving genius and we've needed that on the right for years. I think a bunch of our defensive issues are overblown now. We're not great (mid tier in corsi against, 10th in scoring chances against) but we're not bad at all. It's weird that we got rid of all the "defence first" plugs, and our "defence" got better.
Oh yeah Barrie is an obvious upgrade over Ceci and zaitsev. He sucks defensively though. Playing with Muzz has helped him this year. I'd prefer someone at least average defensively, but in terms of entertainment value? **** it... Bring on Barrie. It's a blast to watch him.

Preston

12 months ago people were saying the same thing about Gardiner.
They still miss Gardiner tbh. I see your point though, but it applies to both d here. A monster physical d with monster advanced stats to me is harder to replace than a one dimensional d with consistently mediocre analytics. Based on age and handedness it makes more sense to keep Barrie, I agree. He'd hardly be a disaster and it would make for an entertaining 5-7 years so I'm not complaining even if they never win. But I hope they find someone else personally.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Oh yeah Barrie is an obvious upgrade over Ceci and zaitsev. He sucks defensively though. Playing with Muzz has helped him this year. I'd prefer someone at least average defensively, but in terms of entertainment value? **** it... Bring on Barrie. It's a blast to watch him.
Not talking about entertainment, I'm talking about winning. Barrie is flat out impactful. If our biggest problem is that we have to find him a LHD that can be a bit of a defensive babysitter for him, that's fine.

There are a couple dozens of those around the league. There's what...5 RHD in the league that move the puck like Barrie does?

Volcanologist

Of course it's offsetting.

Poor Backes was just doing his job, crosschecking our goalie in the face, when he was unfairly mugged by our brutish defenceman.

Preston

Marinch was basically giving him a gentle handjob at worst. How is that a penalty? Two minutes for foreplay?

Preston

Willy and mikhayev have been on for far too many of those shifts. Willy in particular has been horse cunt.