• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Blue Jackets 10/24 7:00

Punzil

1 point secured. It's a start. Get that second point, guys.

Bah humbug...

Last edited:

ThinIce

It's hard to take the smell out of this one - especially that disgusting 2nd period, where it looked like the game in Raleigh when the Jackets outhustled us in every phase of the game. And I don't understand why Nino was out there in the OT. He doesn't deserve it.

CanadaCanes

They seem to think they are much better then they really are, the work and consistency just has not been there of late and it shows up and down the lineup.

JamesNorthern

Yeah, I think this squad has to be taken to task, too many passengers. Not the team I remember from last season that WORKED for every inch, every shift of ice time up and down the lineup. Seems they are way too concerned with putting up points and scoring than playing a complete TEAM game. I actually thought RBA was too tame during his TO. Its time he rips this team. This is not a panic button but hey, something must be done because I am seeing far too often deer in headlights out there.

Last edited:

JamesNorthern

And my issue with Aho and Nino. Look, throw facts at me about the two being statistically good all you want. Both have not been the same since colliding. Aho still has not regained that form he had, sorry don't tell me otherwise. Slow start, sure, I have been following hte team since 85, game after game. So I get it that Aho has slow starts, saw them. Still, Nino was blazing hot with Aho in his first stretch. Cooled off around the time the two collided in that Tampa game. Nothing since. Aho, well he's just too good to not put up points, but he has not been the dominant Aho I remember of old. Also the aspect of what happened this summer... pressure to deliver on your contract etc...
But all in all, I just don't understand why we cannot put a line of Turbo Aho and Svech out there considering the depth we DO have. Haula looks good with Dzingle and Necas. So that still leaves some good players. But I know, that doesn't balance things out enough? I don't agree. A line of Foegele Staal and Nieds wouldn't be bad. Pretty big players there. A crash the net line?? A good two way line? What is the problem with that? Do we have to have 4 lines that score at all times? What about lines that drive play and momentum. Those are important "stats" too.
/rant over

cmon3

Tripp is much easier to listen to when they’re winning. If I have to hear one more time about “cheating the game” I might have to turn the TV.

This version of the Canes is easy to play against. If that doesn’t change we won’t make the playoffs.

cmon3

And my issue with Aho and Nino. Look, throw facts at me about the two being statistically good all you want. Both have not been the same since colliding. Aho still has not regained that form he had, sorry don't tell me otherwise. Slow start, sure, I have been following hte team since 85, game after game. So I get it that Aho has slow starts, saw them. Still, Nino was blazing hot with Aho in his first stretch. Cooled off around the time the two collided in that Tampa game. Nothing since. Aho, well he's just too good to not put up points, but he has not been the dominant Aho I remember of old. Also the aspect of what happened this summer... pressure to deliver on your contract etc...
But all in all, I just don't understand why we cannot put a line of Turbo Aho and Svech out there considering the depth we DO have. Haula looks good with Dzingle and Necas. So that still leaves some good players. But I know, that doesn't balance things out enough? I don't agree. A line of Foegele Staal and Nieds wouldn't be bad. Pretty big players there. A crash the net line?? A good two way line? What is the problem with that? Do we have to have 4 lines that score at all times? What about lines that drive play and momentum. Those are important "stats" too.
/rant over
Look James. Nobody is playing well. And they’re not playing as a team. Swapping lines around isn’t going to fix that, just provide legitimate additional reasons to be out of sync.

CanadaCanes

When your stars do not perform like stars you will get beat more often than not in this league. Aho has 3 goals in 10 games and two of those are empty netters along with 1 assist...Nino has been terrible, Staal and Turbo were almost invisible last night, Svech has to be better and has to start making more of an impact on the score sheet most nights. I guess the glass half full crowd will say the record is pretty good but there seems to be a ton of things to be concerned about when you really break things down in the past 5 games.