• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Sharks 10/16 10:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
They took four penalties and we took four penalties (although I do agree we should be taking less and that a couple were just boneheaded).

But difference is they scored on two of those four power plays and we scored...well, not at all.

Special teams fail.
The powerless play has reverted to last year’s form. Since starting with PP goals in the first 4 games and converting 5 of 15 chances, the Canes are 0 for the last 13 across the last 4 games.

Boardwork

The powerless play has reverted to last year’s form. Since starting with PP goals in the first 4 games and converting 5 of 15 chances, the Canes are 0 for the last 13 across the last 4 games.
Looked to me like teams lately have been really pressuring the guys on the half wall. That and our entries suck

JamesNorthern

Looked to me like teams lately have been really pressuring the guys on the half wall. That and our entries suck
Actually was going to mention that I don't think any team is taking the Canes lightly anymore, au contraire, they probably are raising their games against us. As a matter of fact, it would seem that some teams are taking our Canes supposed fast team up for a challenge. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems teams are playing to our game and trying to beat us at it in the process. What do I know.

Elsker

The Canes are perhaps the most aggressive team in the league as far as hounding the puck all over the ice these days. So a few more penalties than "the old days" is somewhat expected. But I think jeffbear had it right about what we were seeing last night. More reactions to losing the puck than gaining the puck.

Nonetheless, all the more reason we have to get our special teams, especially the penalty kill units, operating more effectively.

Brind'Amour will certainly have at least a couple of practices to work on that during the five days they have off between games after Friday night's game. Time to revisit some fundamentals.