• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Sens 11/11 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The return engagement.

What was lining up to be a fairly easy stretch, with games against teams below them in the standings, has turned into a nightmare. Maybe asking for a win is too much, but please don’t suck?

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Line changes at the skate today. Haula and McGinn aren't skating, no word on why McGinn is out. Martinook is skating in a regular jersey but not taking any contact.

Dzingel/Staal/Foegele
Svech/Aho/Turbo
Nino/Wallmark/Necas
Gibbon/Luostarinen/Martinook

Mrazek in the starter’s crease.

Tryamw

The return engagement.

What was lining up to be a fairly easy stretch, with games against teams below them in the standings, has turned into a nightmare. Maybe asking for a win is too much, but please don’t suck?
Obviously expecting a win is too much atm I barely expect these guys to play hockey on the ice...

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
McGinn is a game time decision. Michael Smith projected the lines would be as they were at the skate.

SlapShots

If the Canes are going to re-group and find their game, this is the one-- at home on a Monday night against a re-building team that took their dignity on a Saturday night. Besides, there is a bottle of nice whisky on the line-- if the Canes lose, I am on the hook for the bottle and I haven't paid in years...

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Yeah ... the schedule is still soft for the next little bit. Ottawa is Ottawa, even if the Canes did their best to make them look like the 90s Red Wings the other night. And then Buffalo who has hit the skids after their white hot start, Minnesota who is hot garbage and Chicago ... who are still old, slow and permanently camped out in denial. Get your motor running tonight, and there's room for another productive streak even without fixing every single issue in one game.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
I missed this earlier but if McGinn does play, Fleury replaces TVR in the lineup. If he can’t, TVR will dress as the 7th dman. And Gardiner and Edmundson have flipped partners, so Edmundson is on the 2nd pair with Pesce and Gardiner moves down to 3rd pair with Fleury. When Fleury played with Edmundson, he played his off side. Do we know if Gardiner can play on the right or has he been so bad on his natural side that he gets left there and Fleury slides over?

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
Tonight’s officials:

Referees:
Tom Chmielewski #18, Brian Pochmara #16

Linesmen:
Julien Fournier #58, Jonny Murray #95

Canes and Sens both had losing records with the refs last year, the Canes a combined 2-5, the Sens and combined 2-6. Fournier worked the Canes game against the Rangers last week. Murray is making his season debut after undergoing offseason surgery.

CanadaCanes

Not a lot to like in general, 4 straight losses against what was supposed to be a light part of the schedule, no leadership to be found of late, this game tonight already feels like the good old days of Canes hockey when they would come out and out shoot the opponent 23-3 and still be down a goal after the first and then squeeze the sticks all night long after that and lose 3-1...

dwind

I’ve noticed the last several games the canes miss a lot of bouncing and in air pucks. I suggest Brindy gives them practice in that area.