• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Corona Cup Playoffs, Game #2, 8/3/2020, 8:00 EST

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
If they win game 2 I fear you may be correct on the dream killer. I don't see them losing the series if up 2-0. No shot at Lafreniere.

We do have to remember that it s only a 12.5% chance at getting him anyway so it's hardly a sure thing.

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
If they win game 2 I fear you may be correct on the dream killer. I don't see them losing the series if up 2-0. No shot at Lafreniere.

We do have to remember that it s only a 12.5% chance at getting him anyway so it's hardly a sure thing.
yup, if they win tmrw it will be Very hard For Pit to win three in a row.

as for the odds, it’s 12.5% for the eight teams which is where the hope stems from, is this better than having a few teams Ahead of you with better odds and the teams behind you with lower odds With Habs at 12.5% shot?

all I know is that in the optics of things we would have the best odds along with seven other teams.

also, remeber the consolation prize is the #9 pick which should be a good one

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
“We feel that we’re four lines deep, and by getting them all involved playing at a certain pace — the second half of the game I thought we really skated better and we seemed to slowly, I’m not going to say take over the game, but, besides the penalties that went against us, we were slowly taking the edge of the game. So I think throughout the series, that’s what’s going to give us a chance.”

Julien also said he liked Weise’s experience, even if Weise seemed unable at times to keep up with Domi and Weal and some offensive opportunities died on his stick.
The Canadiens got better through Game 1, but there’s still room for improvement

Hoiles

I’m not sure if that means anything, I remember seeing Evans dressed for the warmups before Game 1 as well