• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Game 19 - Canadiens @ Capitals - 11/15/19 - 7:00EST

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
To me is up to Price and he'll likely give Kinkaid his game against his former team.

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
Have to find out if Kinkaid can be counted on from Dec onwards to give Price a break here & there. I’m sure the Niemi situation last year was a lesson learned by the org - If Kinkaid can’t be counted on he needs to be replaced, only way to find out is by playing him now.

It’s been over 2-weeks since he last started.
I think we all know what he is...borderline NHL goalie thst can pull some nice stretches during a game but can also look like an AHL goalie in a game.

unless you commit to a Halak or Ryan Miller type of backup this is what we have be it him or Lindgren.

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
You have to consider the salary cap, they're right up against it and

oh wait.
yup, MB should have went after a quality backup and paid the premium.

bruins don’t need to worry when they play Halak...

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
There are exceptions. Price is one of them. If he isn't nursing an injury and insists on playing I seriously doubt that Julien says no.

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
There are exceptions. Price is one of them. If he isn't nursing an injury and insists on playing I seriously doubt that Julien says no.
also, we’re 20 games into the season. Not like game 60

Rolex

Canadiens Moderator
I would play Price....i agree with Donnie on this one.

But they will probably let Kinkaid face his old team

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Kinkaid has played a whopping total of 3 games. Can't be afraid to play him. If they are afraid, get someone else.