• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Game 21 Canadiens @ Blue Jackets - 11/19/19 - 7:00EST

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
Julien is such a douche. Byron in a shootout? Gimmie a break
I have to give a star to Julien tonight...not calling a timeout after the icing call that led to the tying goal was smart.

the CBJ players had nothing left and couldn’t rest

Sal_Butera

Byron has the 2nd best shootout success rate after Panarin since SO was introduced in NHL - close to 53%

Guibs

Love that we find ways to get points and are on a roll but can't say we are playing exceptionally well right now. We are handing or losing points against some very bad teams.

I just want to go back to the Tatar goal. Everyone is praising Suzuki's amazing pass (and rightfully so) but what makes this play more amazing is when you check Danault's play on this. Not only does he win the draw to keep the pressure on but on the goal, you can see that he sees Tatar on the other end of the crest and voluntarily go back to the slot not to force 1 or 2 but 3 guys to go on him to cover him. He drew 3 guys on him. He even was surprised when he got the pass from Suzuki and just send it back to him sort of saying "Hey kids, I'm here but I'm not the one you should give the puck to" and seconds later, Suzuki pass it across to an entirely free Tatar who took a great shot on it.

Daneault keep amazing me. He does all those little things that make a huge impact on the game but doesn't show up on the score sheet. I think I was listening to a podcast that was comparing Daneault's progression with Patrice Bergeron and right now, Daneault's progressing is following Bergeron's progression but mainly one year later. This is mostly due because Bergeron started to play in the NHL at a younger age.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Danault is a very smart player. It helps to be intelligent.

As for the quick pass to Danault then back to Suzuki, that was done intentionally to clear the lane to Tatar. As soon as the puck went to Danault the defender closed on him, this opened the lane more and Danault’s one-time pass back to Suzuki was too quick to close the lane. This was all Suzuki and it was masterful. I hope this is a sign of more to come from him with more consistency. The kid has skills.

Krustchev

BTW, people like to bash Julien for not using young players enough or in important situations, but that was Nick Suzuki out on the ice for the last 1:06 of regulation time. Just saying.

Sal_Butera

BTW, people like to bash Julien for not using young players enough or in important situations, but that was Nick Suzuki out on the ice for the last 1:06 of regulation time. Just saying.
It’s always been a BS opinion driven in particular by the Seguin trade, who himself said no one was to blame but he himself for being immature during his time as a Bruin.

Bergeron, Lucic, Marchand, Pastrnak, Krug all showed positive development trends under Julien, he was simply canned before Pasternak hit his stride, would’ve done the same if Julien were still there.

Last edited: