• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Grapes is soured

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Probably the best way for him to check out, as he'll consider himself a martyr for sticking up for the veterans. But too stupid and angry to realize he could have chosen to make his point (about gratitude/respect) in a 1000 better ways.

Feyd

Gets canned on Remembrance Day, of all days.

But yeah, he's had multiple "second chances". The on-air right wing rants were getting increasingly cringe-inducing over the years, so this was likely inevitable.

WellPlayed

Ya, like I said in the other thread it felt like Russian roulette every time he went on the air, and it finally happened. Should have pulled the plug a long time ago and avoided all this.

aniablue

Always a third side to a coin. Why would he be allowed to say what he did, on tv? Obviously it was taped, as he was at a military graveyard..

So you would have to think it was viewed by Sportsnet or CBC or whomever rules over him, before it aired?

And what was his role at Sportsnet? I thought Coaches Corner was CBC? Shows how little I keep up with this stuff lol.

Does this mean he is off CBC as well as Sportsnet? If he is totally off, he is probably proud as heck of himself and has probably got some other forum lined up, guy is a real entrepreneur, I have participated in a few ventures, that he was apparently involved with as well.

Guy is dumb as a fox in business from what I am told.

Matrim

What he said was live on coaches corner. That old feature of him in a graveyard is a few years old and he doesn't say anything controversial there. He's off both and should just retire and live a quiet life yelling at the TV while watching hockey.

aniablue

If I know him as little as I do, I bet he isn't finished this rant, not by a long shot. He has enough money, I think his agent and him are up to something. He is probably going to attempt to be a white boomer internet sensation.

JackBurton

Always a third side to a coin. Why would he be allowed to say what he did, on tv? Obviously it was taped, as he was at a military graveyard..

So you would have to think it was viewed by Sportsnet or CBC or whomever rules over him, before it aired?

And what was his role at Sportsnet? I thought Coaches Corner was CBC? Shows how little I keep up with this stuff lol.

Does this mean he is off CBC as well as Sportsnet? If he is totally off, he is probably proud as heck of himself and has probably got some other forum lined up, guy is a real entrepreneur, I have participated in a few ventures, that he was apparently involved with as well.

Guy is dumb as a fox in business from what I am told.
The military stuff was filmed about a decade ago. They show it every year. I believe his actual comments were live.

Habspatrol

ADMINuteman
Staff member
I wish this wasn't a result of "cancel culture." He's been completely out of touch for at least a decade, probably 2. It would have been best to just move on from him many years ago.

Either way, I can enjoy HNIC 1st intermissions again.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I will miss him using "loosey goosey" to explain why one team beat another in the playoffs.

No67

Cherry had a point though. By my eye test, it's visible minorities who are disproportionately not wearing their poppies. If Cherry was incorrect, he should be censured with facts instead of PC nonsense.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Cherry had a point though. By my eye test

Well here's the problem...when you back up an assertion with "by my eyetest", we get to question all of the the biases that go into that eyetest. Those biases tend to look like a motherfucker under a touch of scrutiny, and then people like you get angry when their biases suggest shades of at least mild bigotry.

You can't start an assertion with an eye test, and then demand that facts be brought forward to combat your eye test. That's not how any of this works in a polite society.

I mean, and all of that is ignoring the fact that wearing a poppy is a ridiculous purity test to begin with and all.