• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

I don't get the "not being interested" angle.

I have zero interest in Pinterest or watching offline tv with commercials (ROKU) or getting high in Florida (TRUL)

I just care about the industry (is it growing?), the CEO and his/her ability to execute.

I an interested in delicious burgers, so I should have held onto this one in my LT folio.

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 3.23.18 PM.png

I don't get the "not being interested" angle.

I have zero interest in Pinterest or watching offline tv with commercials (ROKU) or getting high in Florida (TRUL)

I just care about the industry (is it growing?), the CEO and his/her ability to execute.
I'm fucked up. I have to really like a company to want to be in it. Sorta the same as my approach with girls (crude!).

I honestly never do anything for the money. Even my work, I turn down clients who I don't like or don't want to work with. Some are willing to pay even more than my rate (I know because sometimes I quote them an inflated rate just to get them to go away, and they want to go forward anyway, at which point I make another excuse). Investing is the same. It's so dumb to say this, but yeah sure, I'm doing it for the money, but it's also this hobby that I take pride in and enjoy. I have to be all in on a company, like its product, like its everything, or I just won't be okay taking the long term ride. I get this uneasy feeling about buying something I don't really give a shit about, but yet see a possibility of making money. I always have this feeling like it will go badly and then I'll get mad at myself for stupidly buying into something I didn't actually like. And in life and business I always go in the opposite direction of bad gut feels.

I an interested in delicious burgers, so I should have held onto this one in my LT folio.

View attachment 7957
Let me tell you, it's in the mall beside me, and out of all the remaining food options that are there, it's the only one that is always, always busy.

There's a sushi spot across the way - deserted. There's a healthy spot beside it (where I eat almost every day) - slow as hell. Nothing at all in the mall has the business currently that they have. And their food is good, but I don't get the obsession.

I'm fucked up. I have to really like a company to want to be in it. Sorta the same as my approach with girls (crude!).

I honestly never do anything for the money. Even my work, I turn down clients who I don't like or don't want to work with. Some are willing to pay even more than my rate (I know because sometimes I quote them an inflated rate just to get them to go away, and they want to go forward anyway, at which point I make another excuse). Investing is the same. It's so dumb to say this, but yeah sure, I'm doing it for the money, but it's also this hobby that I take pride in and enjoy. I have to be all in on a company, like its product, like its everything, or I just won't be okay taking the long term ride. I get this uneasy feeling about buying something I don't really give a shit about, but yet see a possibility of making money. I always have this feeling like it will go badly and then I'll get mad at myself for stupidly buying into something I didn't actually like. And in life and business I always go in the opposite direction of bad gut feels.

The Peter Lynch school of investing. It worked for him.

The Peter Lynch school of investing. It worked for him.
Yup, this is exactly me.

His most famous investment principle is, "Invest in what you know," popularizing the economic concept of "local knowledge". Since most people tend to become expert in certain fields, applying this basic "invest in what you know" principle helps individual investors find good undervalued stocks. Lynch uses this principle as a starting point for investors. He has also often said that the individual investor is potentially more capable of making money from stocks than a fund manager, because they are able to spot good investments in their day-to-day lives before Wall Street. Throughout his two classic investment primers, he has outlined many of the investments he found when not in his office. For example, in One Up Lynch explains how he invested in Dunkin' Donuts not after reading about the company in The Wall Street Journal, but after being impressed by their coffee as a customer. Assuming others would be similarly impressed and noting the company's Boston locations were always busy, he then studied the company's financial status and decided to invest in Dunkin' Donuts, which proved one of the best-performing stocks he ever bought. Lynch believes the individual investor is able to make similar smart investing choices noticing particular opportunities like Dunkin' Donuts or paying attention to business trends in their careers and hobbies. Using examples from Magellan Fund, his books outline how a novice should read and interpret company paperwork for information on stock valuation, earnings, cash flow and other data

Today was insane — at one point I was looking at Green Thumb and thought “what the hell is wrong with this 💩?”

it was up a solid 2.1%

Today was insane — at one point I was looking at Green Thumb and thought “what the hell is wrong with this 💩?”

it was up a solid 2.1%
In fairness there's no fucking excuse for that garbage performance. I'm FURIOUS. It's a solid third place since GA with TRUL and CL ahead of them. I don't hold CURA but I suspect they might be doing better than them after their dilution.

AYR was probably a good buy today. CURA took awhile to get going after their dilution, so did CCHW until their financing closed today and they're off to the races. Same thing may happen to AYR.

But I try not to add when things get this fucking euphoric. These guys all need a big time breather. I'm going to skim a bit if there's a gap up. Though today really felt like tutes were getting in heavy so maybe we can throw out the technical playbook for a bit.

US tickers had nice volume. I guess it doesn't really stand out compared to the last week or so but there's clearly some serious demand out there for these stocks right now. I'm speculating on tutes.. Haven't been on Toddo's account today because he's probably completely manic Presto-style. I'll check later. Maybe he knows something.

And btw if there was any doubt that Wolf of dumbfuck has someone feeding him tips... Look no futher than the Jay Z stock. Said it was trash all the way up to last week. And all of a sudden he quietly buys and brags about it? Nah. Someone fed him info. Fuck that fraud.

For all the analysis, the most lucrative move would have been to liquidate your folio on Dec 31. Buy TLRY with the cash.

Make 60% in less than 2 weeks.

Sell.

Take the rest of the year off.

For all the analysis, the most lucrative move would have been to liquidate your folio on Dec 31. Buy TLRY with the cash.

Make 60% in less than 2 weeks.

Sell.

Take the rest of the year off.
As true as that is buying TLRY goes against my morals. I wouldn't sleep well holding that garbage.

And btw if there was any doubt that Wolf of dumbfuck has someone feeding him tips... Look no futher than the Jay Z stock. Said it was trash all the way up to last week. And all of a sudden he quietly buys and brags about it? Nah. Someone fed him info. **** that fraud.

or he never bot it, I don’t trust that guy at alll

Back