• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Cell Phone Service

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
We're looking at getting new phones and thinking about switching over to Google Fi. It looks pretty damn good, and cheap.

Anyone have any experience with Google Fi?

Also looking for new phones. Would love the go with the Samsung s20 Ultra, but could save a ton of money by going with a Pixel 3 xl. Sure it's last year's phone and nowhere near as good... but it's probably a better value.

Anyone have any hook up for a cheaper high end phone?

Did you compare those phones with the new iPhone SE?

Oddly enough, I just got a Pixel 3 XL last week. Really liking it so far. It's got the "notch" at the top of the screen which bothers some people, you get used to it pretty quick though. From what I understand, the OS is really good and it's got the best camera (though I haven't tested it yet) of most phones in this price range.

Oddly enough, I just got a Pixel 3 XL last week. Really liking it so far. It's got the "notch" at the top of the screen which bothers some people, you get used to it pretty quick though. From what I understand, the OS is really good and it's got the best camera (though I haven't tested it yet) of most phones in this price range.
I assume it would be a bit of an upgrade on my Galaxy S8+ that I currently have. But obviously it's well short of the 20s Ultra... which is a beaut from what I can tell.

The Pixel 3 XL is great value from everything I can see.

The other option is to hold off until October and maybe get the Pixel 4 XL at a big discount when the 5 comes out.

Could also try the huawei phones that still have google support. I have a mate 20 pro and it is a great phone.

Back