• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

GGpX

Twitter was a much needed touch of levity when the trade went down. A bunch of people who never saw Bitten play were utterly outraged that we traded a guy who skates pretty well and showed no offensive improvement in the two years since drafting him was traded for an older near NHLish d-man. Olofsson got injured & missed most of the year, but such is life.

We traded someone who will end up, at best, a fringe NHLer for someone who's a fringe NHLer.

worm

15. Nick Suzuki, C/RW, 19 (Montreal Canadiens — 13th overall, 2017)
Nick Suzuki is really good at hockey. Nick Suzuki had a really good year. Nick Suzuki is really fun to watch. You get the point. The only question about Suzuki remains one of position. Is he going to be a second-line center or is he going to be a first-line winger? And which has more value? I suspect the answer is winger to both of those questions, though I do believe he has the talent the skillset needed to stick at center under different circumstances. Either way, he’s going to be really fun to watch. Really.

Elliotlaker

Canadiens Prospects

@mtl_prospects

#Habs prospects at the #WJSS

Caufield: 7 PTS (4 G, 3 A), 24 SOG, +4 in 5 GP
Harris: 2 PTS (2 A), 4 SOG, 2 PIM, +4 in 5 GP
Olofsson: 1 PTS (1 G), 4 SOG, -2 in 5 GP
McShane: 1 SOG, -1 in 2 GP

*Fonstad (CAN), Norlinder (SWE) and Struble (USA) did not play due to injury.
6:54 PM · Aug 3, 2019·

Elliotlaker

La vérité, c’est que je ne ne suis pas vraiment prêt pour la LNH. J’ai encore beaucoup à développer et je veux connaître une bonne saison ici pour me rendre plus loin

– Jesse Ylönen

#Habs Jesse Ylönen lead his team during the pre-season with 7 PTS (3 G, 4 A). Before their regular season kicks off on Sept 13th they'll play 4 games in the @championshockey league starting on Aug 30th vs Czech squad Třinec. https://twitter.com/PelicansFi/status/1165556217026162690 …

GGpX

A "behind the scenes" of sorts for the 2019 draft. They show almost nothing outside of the Cole Caufield talk.

One thing they did talk about at the 4:26 mark, for about 20 seconds, was a guy that Matt Turek, the Ontario scout, said was not a good tester and everyone knew that. There's one guy that sounds like, Arthur Kaliyev.

Later in the video you can kind of see a blurred view of the final list. Some people at HF tried to break it down:

1.Hughes
2.Kakko
3.Zegras
4.Byram
5.Turcotte
6.Krebs
7. Boldy
8.Podkolzin
9.Dach
10.Caufield
11.Seider

Here he writes

"Could go before 15"

12. Cozens
13. Broberg
14. Knight
15. Kaliyev

List on the right is separate. What I can make out is

1. Newhook
2. Thomson
3. Heinola
4. Harley
5. Soderstrom
6. Suzuki
7. York
8. Poulin

DonKay

Canadiens Moderator
Staff member
I keep hearing very good things about Harris, to the point that he may actually be a legit steal and not just another prospect we keep calling a steal.