• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

GGpX

We drafted him this past summer. I don't have much hope for anyone outside of Caufield from the last draft, but I wasn't much of a fan for last year's draft overall.

Since he's a late birthday, it wouldn't be inconceiveable to be in the AHL at the beginning of the 2020 season if he has a good year.

GrandWazoo

I didn't have any hope for him either but he's been having a solid camp according to various reports. He also impressed at the development camp. Maybe the scouting team were onto something after all.

Habs53

Hardly "hate", I'm just not embalmed by him like everyone else is. Same with Romanov, although for different reasons.
Romanov is playing on a first line D pairing at his age in the KHL is something to like. Not sure of your thinking here

Alan C

Reading ggpx views for years i find him objective. Others are more optimistic, more hopeful for good tings to come. I am getting old. The current team and people running it do not inspire confidence in me. Until the prospects show results on the big stage I will not be getting overly excited.

GGpX

Romanov is playing on a first line D pairing at his age in the KHL is something to like. Not sure of your thinking here
?

He averages 12 minutes of ice time. Unless games in the KHL are 25 minutes long, I'm not quite sure that's true.

GGpX

Reading ggpx views for years i find him objective. Others are more optimistic, more hopeful for good tings to come. I am getting old. The current team and people running it do not inspire confidence in me. Until the prospects show results on the big stage I will not be getting overly excited.
There are some people that opinions are so close to mine it seems like I parrot them, see Simon Boisvert. And even then, I have some disagreements with him. I don't really mind if people disagree with me on what I think.

I used to be super optimistic about a bunch of our prospects. Go read the first few pages, I loved David Fischer. He'd be the prototype of what a good, modern-day defenseman would be like. I went to three development camps after we drafted him and there were times during the intersquad scrimmage that he looked amazing. I didn't get to watch a lot of college games and I'm not sure why it never worked out for him. I don't know if it's because he plateau'ed, or if he just never really loved hockey (I don't buy that since he's still playing overseas in Austria) or if he was just never that good.

I try to watch junior games, but I have less & less time. Last year I watched almost exclusively games from the Q. Pretty much all the players I wanted drafted were from the Q, which isn't a surprise.

GGpX

Noah Juulsen is off to get a second opinion because of headaches. That's a very bad sign and I feel terrible for him.

It's close to make or break time for him. We have Fleury/Brooks getting close and there isn't much space on the roster.

Very unfortunate.