• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

lecoqsportif

Seems like it was a coordination error by the Fed that caused a shortage of overnight supply of cash. Unbalanced bond sales versus redemptions took 50 billion out of the market at the same time that corporations cashed in 20 billion + to pay income taxes.

Not uh-oh, I think. It’s still all about consumer spending.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
The thing that scares me here is whether or not this opens up Pandora's box (this can be repeated so often about so many aspects of the Trump presidency). The Fed has been separated from partisan politics and is now being politicized and used as a policy tool to prop up the "Trump Economy" to improve his re election changes.

This sugar high will only make the crash the next Democrat President deals with the worse, and of course the fucking Republicans will blame said President for returning the country to economic normalcy.

zeke

The thing that scares me here is whether or not this opens up Pandora's box (this can be repeated so often about so many aspects of the Trump presidency). The Fed has been separated from partisan politics and is now being politicized and used as a policy tool to prop up the "Trump Economy" to improve his re election changes.

This sugar high will only make the crash the next Democrat President deals with the worse, and of course the fucking Republicans will blame said President for returning the country to economic normalcy.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
The sooner people in the US just accept that the overton window was dragged uncomfortably close to fascism (with all of the fixings) over the last 25 or so years by the US right wing, the sooner that people can stop tolerating and catering to those who aren't against literal fascism.

lecoqsportif

Worry worm. At the sign of a downturn, the Fed will just step in and cuts rates...

What’s that you say? Zero lower bound?

Oh.

Well how about fiscal? Use temporary deficits to stimulate demand and...

Wait. Already 1 trillion while economy is above water, eh?

Oh.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Worry worm. At the sign of a downturn, the Fed will just step in and cuts rates...

What’s that you say? Zero lower bound?

Oh.

Well how about fiscal? Use temporary deficits to stimulate demand and...

Wait. Already 1 trillion while economy is above water, eh?

Oh.
Yep. It's starting to look more and more like I was right about Trump wrecking the economy. I was too pessimistic on my time frame, I expected shit to have exploded by now, but it sure looks like it's coming. Just in time for a Democrat to fix it again. 3 republican Presidents in a row leaving 3 shitty economies in their wake. Party of fiscal responsibility.