• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

Deckie007

Anyone tried the Beyond Meat or PC Plant based products? Curious how they compare texture-wise to the real thing. I assume they'll have less taste but that can be taken care of with proper seasoning I'd think.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
I find them very meh. Texture wise is close on the beyond meat brand. Not a fan.

Wayward DP

Anyone tried the Beyond Meat or PC Plant based products? Curious how they compare texture-wise to the real thing. I assume they'll have less taste but that can be taken care of with proper seasoning I'd think.
Ms Wayward is a fan of beyond meat burgers. I’ve had them and they’re fine. Just don’t expect it to taste like meat

anne25

PC veggie burgers are not too bad. There are several varieties so you might have to experiment. Some have a better texture than others but I can’t remember which I liked best. We only have them when my vegetarian daughter visits and I sent her out to buy the ones she wants.

Deckie007

Ms Wayward is a fan of beyond meat burgers. I’ve had them and they’re fine. Just don’t expect it to taste like meat
Tried one today. Did some basic seasoning and cooked in cast iron pan. Used a brioche bun, mustard, chipotle aioli, pickles, hot peppers and red pepper spread. Texture was pretty good and the taste of the was just ok, but not bad. Kinda gets lost in the condiments anyways. Would buy again.