• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
There's a common myth that a fish/seafood and cheese combination is not a thing, particularly in Italy. Several regions across Italy have fish/cheese dishes. Personally was never a fan of the combo until I recently gave a well made tuna melt a shot. Legitimately damn good. As habsy said, if you dislike it you've likely been doing it wrong. And frankly I only tried it once or twice before and they were not done properly.

LeafOfFaith

I eat it once a month max. All big fish have toxins (they climb up the food chain)

Tuna salad or some other kind of prepared version, I love but I rarely have because good options aren’t generally around and I rarely eat at home. But tuna as sushi...that all just depends on how many times I have sushi.

LeafOfFaith

There's a common myth that a fish/seafood and cheese combination is not a thing, particularly in Italy. Several regions across Italy have fish/cheese dishes. Personally was never a fan of the combo until I recently gave a well made tuna melt a shot. Legitimately damn good. As habsy said, if you dislike it you've likely been doing it wrong. And frankly I only tried it once or twice before and they were not done properly.

Never tried it and don’t plan to. The very thought of it makes me want to gag.

Jeremy

Anyone know why canned salmon prices have skyrocketed? They used to be a lot closer to canned tuna prices.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
I don’t like cheese on my tuna for the same reason I prefer no cheese on my burger — I want to taste the meat.

you melters simply don’t like tuna enough, so you cover it up with a slice of comfort.

LeafOfFaith

I don’t like cheese on my tuna for the same reason I prefer no cheese on my burger — I want to taste the meat.

you melters simply don’t like tuna enough, so you cover it up with a slice of comfort.

I love this guy!

LeafOfFaith

I think the more salient question is why the **** do you eat Filet o' Fish?

It’s a fantastic sandwich plain. No sauce, no cheese, and ask them to make it fresh, not some warmed up crap that’s been sitting there for an hour. Try it once and report back.