• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The M-Fing Food Thread

I don’t like cheese on my tuna for the same reason I prefer no cheese on my burger — I want to taste the meat.

you melters simply don’t like tuna enough, so you cover it up with a slice of comfort.
Yeah that's it. I eat seared Ahi Tuna just for the halibut.

Last edited:
I don’t like cheese on my tuna for the same reason I prefer no cheese on my burger — I want to taste the meat.

you melters simply don’t like tuna enough, so you cover it up with a slice of comfort.
Different dishes require different flavor combinations. Sometimes a quality ingredient is simply harmonious with another quality ingredient. I enjoy tuna sashimi more than the next guy but just having tuna and bread sounds kind of sad. I never expected I'd enjoy it but if you have the right ingredients.. quality cheese, quality bread, quality tuna, etc. it's a symphony in your mouth.

The trick with fish is that it’s best lemony and salty. If it lacks those two elements, it’s meh to bleh. If people are opting for cheese, I gotta believe it’s because they don’t know the awesomeness that salt and lemon add to the dish.

The trick with fish is that it’s best lemony and salty. If it lacks those two elements, it’s meh to bleh. If people are opting for cheese, I gotta believe it’s because they don’t know the awesomeness that salt and lemon add to the dish.
Yeah, tell a Greek to use Lemon and salt on Fish.

Next you'll talk about Mt. Olympus.

The thought of tuna, lemon, salt and bread makes me depressed. Sorry but the beauty of a sandwich is the harmony that certain ingredients create with eachother. It's like sex in your mouth.

And yeah, lemon and salt is of course mandatory for fish.

Yeah that's it. I eat seered Ahi Tuna just for the halibut.

I never quite convinced myself to spend coin on tuna that prophesies future events.

I will try it and report back.

The thought of tuna, lemon, salt and bread makes me depressed. Sorry but the beauty of a sandwich is the harmony that certain ingredients create with eachother. It's like sex in your mouth.

The absolute key to great fish is freshness. Cook up a fish just caught that day with no processing or being frozen etc and you will have a super delicious meal.

Isn’t your first paragraph completely contradicting your second one?

maybe add a little arugula for some pepperiness.. maybe a little mayo for creaminess ...but these cheese mofos are adding a whole fucking duvet of fat to the mix.

Can't knock something you haven't tried. I'm about 1 for 3 on them with 2 of them being gross. But if done right there is nothing wrong with adding fat/creaminess to a sandwich with a salty protein. It's basic cuisine. I've never been a fan of the fish-cheese combo but it makes perfect sense culinarily. Add a little acidity and sweetness and it's the perfect sandwich.

Back