• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

zeke

So the new, accurate raptors' height/weights are official:

Gasol 7'1", 265 (old: 7'1", 255)
Ibaka 6'10", 240 (old: 6'10", 235)
Siakam 6'8", 227 (old: 6'9", 230)
Lowry 6'0", 205 (old: 6'1", 196)
Fred 6'0", 197 (old: 6'0", 195)

Boucher 6'11", 200 (old: 6"10", 200)
OG 6'7", 232 (old: 6'8", 232)
RHJ 6'7", 211 (old: 6'7", 217)
Norm 6'4", 215 (old: 6'4", 215)
Davis 6'4", 201 (old: 6'4", 205)

Hernandez 6'11", 235 (old: 6'11", 235)
Johnson 6'6", 242 (old: 6'7", 245)
Miller 6'7", 205 (old: 6'7", 210)
Thomas 6'5", 197 (old: 6'5", 190)
McCaw 6'5", 181 (old: 6'7', 185)

I'm actually surprised by how accurate the old numbers are.

Siakam, Lowry, OG, Johnson all lose an inch. Boucher actually gains an inch. All the weights seem within an off-season's worth of weight gain or loss.

zeke

Lol Nurse going with the tight playoff rotation in the preseason. Love him.

And Davis is a player.

zeke

I think Nurse just showed us the rotation.

Gasol 16:37
Siakam 15:18
OG 18:20
Lowry 15:30
Fred 17:20

Ibaka 14:03
Norm 15:20
Davis 7:32

Nobody else touched the floor. In preseason.

Up by 21 at half.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
That's criminal, criminal stupidity.

The Raptors were 17-5 without Kawhi in the lineup last year. Granted, that was mostly (not entirely, but mostly) against non playoff teams. But rapetraining non playoff teams is exactly how a top 4 team in the conference, finishes top 4.

There's no good argument for anyone other than Philly and the Bucks being better than the Raptors.

LeafGm

That's fucking insane.

Besides going 17-5 without Kawhi last year, inferior versions of this year's team won 59, 51 & 56 games in the three season before they had Kawhi. Why exactly would that team fall off the face of the earth this year?

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
- Boucher might be a player, legit late bloomer. I don't think he's more than a rotation player this year but the tools here are stupid
- Stanley Johnson is a low rent OG, I think he'll struggle to find minutes here. He looks nice defensively but he looks worse than inept anywhere near the ball. He doesn't shoot it well, and I don't see the stroke there for much improvement
- Matt Thomas might be something, like a legit rotation something. A little limited physically, but he thinks the game well, knows where to be on both ends of the court and works his ass off. Saw him get bodied a few times while in good box out position by bigger, more athletic players but works to be in the right position. Obvious lights out shooter when set, basically fucking automatic. If he can do that on the move, he might be a poor man's Reddick/Korver. Wouldn't sleep on this guy. High IQ, good motor and probably is an elite shooter even at the NBA level.

zeke

That's criminal, criminal stupidity.

The Raptors were 17-5 without Kawhi in the lineup last year. Granted, that was mostly (not entirely, but mostly) against non playoff teams. But rapetraining non playoff teams is exactly how a top 4 team in the conference, finishes top 4.

There's no good argument for anyone other than Philly and the Bucks being better than the Raptors.
4-4 against top 15 teams
13-1 against bottom 15 teams

Remove all the bottom feeders (from WAS down) and it's an 8-5 record - I.e. 50+win pace even ignoring all games against bottom feeders, which you shouldn't ignore anyways.

Leafin'

Love the player. Damn thats a lot of cake. Hopefully he continues to grow because well damn thats a lot of cake.