• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

+1

There's some real good stuff in the top ten. If we get into the top five, then well damn we get a future allstar. Suggs or Keon Johnson, although Green or Mobley would be nice too.

I've yet to do my dive and I struggle to give a fuck about watching NCAA ball but yeah that's my read so far. Top 5 is going to be hard to fuck up and there's a few really interesting prospects that will be around 6-10 as well.

Johnson from Duke is interesting, Kai Jones from Texas is probably a big of a project but with our player development probably has the highest upside of anyone outside the top 5. Reminds me a lot of what Myles Turner was supposed to be.

Might need a year in the 905 first before he's NBA ready though.

Was reading about Jalen Johnson and there were quotes out the that coach K called him soft AF. Something about him leaving his teams dating back to high school. Might be a good opportunity to scoop up a legit talent in the 5-10 range that was in the top 5 coming out of high school. Could be that wing scorer we need.

great draft to have a top 10 pick.

Was reading about Jalen Johnson and there were quotes out the that coach K called him soft AF. Something about him leaving his teams dating back to high school. Might be a good opportunity to scoop up a legit talent in the 5-10 range that was in the top 5 coming out of high school. Could be that wing scorer we need.

great draft to have a top 10 pick.

The other thing is conference isn’t that good

With our core of pieces we aren’t far off from top 4 again

I have no issues with the tank (love it actually)....but if we are so obviously tanking to the point of sitting the franchise to rest in a critical game like this....then why is Kyle here at all? Should he not have been dealt at the deadline?

I have no issues with the tank (love it actually)....but if we are so obviously tanking to the point of sitting the franchise to rest in a critical game like this....then why is Kyle here at all? Should he not have been dealt at the deadline?

I dunno. I think the playbook is a bit different when you’re talking about a run-of-the-mill pending UFA, and you’re talking about the longest-serving member of the team, greatest player in franchise history and a guy who led us to a championship.

If all we were being offered for the GROAT was a pittance and/or a return that wasn’t going to help us much, I’d honestly rather hang on to him even if he walks as a UFA.

It also would’ve been absolutely nauseating to see him with Lebron on the Lakers, or Kawhi on the Clippers.

Kyle is here because NBA GM's who badly needed Kyle wanted to play "poker" instead of championship basketball.

Lakers are 9-12 since passing on Lowry because they didn't want to give up a "pick".
Philly is 13-8 since the deadline
Miami is 13-9 since the deadline

All 3 of these teams needed Lowry, but no one wanted to pay for him.

Kyle is here because NBA GM's who badly needed Kyle wanted to play "poker" instead of championship basketball.

Lakers are 9-12 since passing on Lowry because they didn't want to give up a "pick".
Philly is 13-8 since the deadline
Miami is 13-9 since the deadline

All 3 of these teams needed Lowry, but no one wanted to pay for him.

or hand him 2x 25 million

At this point, I'd definitely do it.

Pick up a few decent bodies in free agency, fish for an impact trade but if one isn't available run it back with a few adds.

We need another C to go with Khem. Holler at Serge, Zeller, Theis, Noel and grab whichever one we like best

Could also use another wing option. Wouldn't mind seeing us try to take a run at Demar to end his career where it started. He's become a really well rounded (minus the 3pt shot) swiss army knife (plays SG, SF, & small ball PF there).

At this point, I'd definitely do it.

Pick up a few decent bodies in free agency, fish for an impact trade but if one isn't available run it back with a few adds.

We need another C to go with Khem. Holler at Serge, Zeller, Theis, Noel and grab whichever one we like best

Could also use another wing option. Wouldn't mind seeing us try to take a run at Demar to end his career where it started. He's become a really well rounded (minus the 3pt shot) swiss army knife (plays SG, SF, & small ball PF there).
It's assuredly up to Kyle at this point, if he wants back, dont get in the way of it. And yeah one more big and best non PG available at 8 or whatever.

Maybe I have the cap wrong but aren't Kyle's bird rights - either signing him or sign and trading - the way for us to go over the cap the most next year?

Maybe I have the cap wrong but aren't Kyle's bird rights - either signing him or sign and trading - the way for us to go over the cap the most next year?

Me thinks it applies to retaining him only prior to hitting free agency , not in a sign and trade .

I don't see why we can't go over in S&T, as long as we're taking back within 25% of his 2022 salary in return. Normal cap rules would apply to that trade I think.

Back