• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Whether they traded Donaldson at peak or not would've garnered the same reaction on this board. Nothing they do is seen in a positive sense. The majority on this board have had their views of Jays management skewed by select posters here so far to the negative that it's embarrassing. Im in disbelief that hfboards would have better discussions on Jays related topics.

Joke thread.

I guess every single team that ever trades any player at the trade deadline, rather than during the previous off-season, is completely incompetent because that guy "could" get injured. Let's make a list at all the incompetent GM's that traded any players at the deadline over the last few years.

Sure, in hindsight they should have traded him earlier, but as always we have no idea what was being offered either. Pretty sure most contenders had a starting third baseman. Some of the blame here has to go to bad luck, you can't predict injuries or the ridiculous lingering nature of the injury that Josh had that year. But certainly the Jays take some of the blame as well for waiting.

Miss me with this "hindsight" bullshit.

Like it wasn't blatantly obvious at the time that they needed to shit or get off the pot when it came to choosing between contending and rebuilding, and that choosing to do neither (while feebly pretending they were trying to contend) was both pointless and risky.

you guys probably also thought rob babcock and jfj were doing a great job and the criticism was unwarranted. i fell embarrassed for guys defending this clownshow of a front office

No, you're right, every single GM in baseball history who has ever waited till the trade deadline rather than trade a player in the previous offseason is completely incompetent.

I guess every single team that ever trades any player at the trade deadline, rather than during the previous off-season, is completely incompetent because that guy "could" get injured. Let's make a list at all the incompetent GM's that traded any players at the deadline over the last few years.

Sure, in hindsight they should have traded him earlier, but as always we have no idea what was being offered either. Pretty sure most contenders had a starting third baseman. Some of the blame here has to go to bad luck, you can't predict injuries or the ridiculous lingering nature of the injury that Josh had that year. But certainly the Jays take some of the blame as well for waiting.
If this was the only incident of terrible asset management it would be one thing but its been pretty much their entire tenure

again, when you have to deliberately miss the point everyone else is making in order to defend shatkins, well, that says it all.

you are well aware that shatkins sat on all of our assets until their values depreciated to basically nil while letting the team on the field spin its wheels. instead of committing to trying to win with a playoff roster, or trying to rebuild, they committed to... wasting two years, and making sure any trade value our assets had dissipated. all to, allegedly, sustain the box office numbers that were a result of AA building an actual winner.

Nah, 100% of the blame has to go to Shitkins plan. They knew they were headed in this direction and just pissed away elite talent rather than being proactive and significantly moving the rebuild forward by moving players at peak values they flat out didn't have in their long term plans. Thats why not having a plan kills you.

Of course their trades have been pretty brutal, so even if they moved Donaldson when they should have they probably still get hosed.

let's not forget what an abomination their professional talent evaluation has been too. they did great on the Happ and Smoak deals, but other than those two, its pretty much been an abyss.

There was an article today about how Atkins didn't want to draft Bichette and had to be convinced of it by the scouting staff (mostly still left over from AA). Shortly after the draft, they fired the scouting director.

The fight to bring Bo Bichette to the Blue Jays

Fair to question the credibility of the source, but it seems fairly well researched. And of course the pointless risk-aversion of saying "no high-school position players!" is 100% on point.

On what planet would management make such a major decision based on the information provided strictly from a source they will be moving away from in the coming months? In any walk of life. This is so garbage and I'm not surprised that YOU would believe it. Coming from Simmons 🤡

Typical Shatkins hate from the ring leader mindz.

I don't agree with a lot of the moves they've made, but FFS find me a management group that has executed every transaction perfectly. We're starting to see some good things with the youth coming up.

As a side note, how hilarious would it be for Shapiro to jump ship to Boston. I know people on this board would be rejoicing. I kinda want to see this through with the way our development staff has been able to improve the minors. Should be getting a stud prospect this upcoming draft, and a few of the IFAs recently have been looking really good.

Maybe he deserved to be fired. The article is not really based on a single rumour though and it actually gives the area scout (who is still with the Jays) most of the credit.

Actually reflects well on Atkins that he was able to be persuaded by his scouting staff.

Back