• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: WWE/MMA/Boxing Thread

Great performance by Pettis to win the title
Yup, superb. Made Archeleta look bad all night, and he's a heck of a fighter.

I know it's never going to happen unfortunately, but a fight I'd love to see just because I saw him in Archeleta's corner, Dillashaw - Pettis.

Tonight is Canelo-Saunders and a UFC fight night card which... it's fine I guess, but not great either. The least interesting fight on the whole main card is the main event, funny enough.

MVP is the closest thing we have to prime Silva
And Rumble is a scary mofo
MVP is a can crusher, he's probably only fought two guys that would it take top 10 in the ufc (Lima and Daley), he's nowhere close to be proven as much as Prime Silva or really any of the better strikers in the UFC.

The only time he faced elite competition he got knocked out cold. MVP is fast, he has good timing and he puts on a show but I don't think he'll do very well against good competition.

MVP is a can crusher, he's probably only fought two guys that would it take top 10 in the ufc (Lima and Daley), he's nowhere close to be proven as much as Prime Silva or really any of the better strikers in the UFC.

The only time he faced elite competition he got knocked out cold. MVP is fast, he has good timing and he puts on a show but I don't think he'll do very well against good competition.
Yeah probably should have clarified, it was more of a stylistic comment. He's nowhere near as accomplished as the Spider, obviously.

I dont know if calling mvp a can smasher is fair. He has held his own and looked good against good competition whenever he has been put in there. Even the KO loss (Lima?), he looked great in until the flash knockdown. I dont think hes far off someone like wonderboy in ability tbh

I don't know what to make of MVP. He's faced a relatively easy lineup, but I don't think he's bad at all. At worst, he's the third or fourth best WW in Bellator.

In the Lima fight, I thought he was winning before he got KOed. The way Lima kicked his from leg out from under him when he moved in was brilliant.

Appreciate your favorite fighters while they're here, because they'll just as quickly be gone.

Watching Cowboy lose to Morono last night was tough, because while Morono's not a bum, he ain't very good either.

Cerrone should be doing old guy fights exclusively. Him against Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Carlos Condit, Diego Sanchez's Boyfriend, Court McGee, Jeremy Stephens, etc.

UFC 262's in two nights and... it ain't great. There might be four fights on the whole card I'm genuinely interested in.

Don't forget Nate vs Leon Edwards was also supposed to be on this card.

If Tony loses, this maybe it for him as a top fighter, big pressure on him. I am interested to see how it plays out.

I find there is a better chance with the UFC when there is a card that doesn’t excite me - for me to be surprised and enjoy it. So I’ll still try snd tune in…easier to spend the time with a lockdown and no leafs

That's for sure, because the UFC has 90% of the top talent in the sport and it's easier to matchmake better fights.

But, there are cards like this upcoming one, where half the fights are interchangeable with Bellator/RFA cards.

I mean, why in the fuck is Kathlyn Chookagian even on a PPV? She's terrible and her fights are always a bore.

That's for sure, because the UFC has 90% of the top talent in the sport and it's easier to matchmake better fights.

But, there are cards like this upcoming one, where half the fights are interchangeable with Bellator/RFA cards.

I mean, why in the **** is Kathlyn Chookagian even on a PPV? She's terrible and her fights are always a bore.

sexual favours from her manager?

Back