• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pens in the Play-offs

Cali Ed

We made the play-offs! Against all odds (considering how poorly they played at year's end), they're in. Yay.

Cali Ed

Really? Wish I could see it. Our D is shaky right now, and we need Letang to help to power that power play and, in general, to help drive puck possession.

Cali Ed

Hmmm ... took Game #2. Didn't see that coming. Now the next couple at home. Hopefully, they're still even when they leave the 'Burgh.

Cali Ed

Tonight is the critical "do or die" Game #4 between the Pens and Rags. If the Pens win, the series is tied at two before heading back to Ragland. If we win, it's a best-of-three, and maybe we squeak it out. If we lose (and thus will have lost two in a row at home), we get skunked in Game #5. At which point I think all hell will break loose in the organization. Already talk of the team canning JR if we don't make it past Round #1. Seems a bit harsh, but Mario, et. al. were idiots to hire that guy in the first place.

Cali Ed

Well, as you know, Pens out in five. Four losses, all by the same 2-1 score. Figures that Fleury would rediscover his winning play-off form, only to be stopping shots for perhaps the worst Pens team since the 05-06 team. Injuries hurt, but teams have to deal with them all the time. The players brought in to make a difference, save Patrick Hornqvist, did not make a difference. In the case of guys like Nick Spaling and Daniel Winnick, it was a waste of money and talent.
And the story is they are bringing back Johnston AND JR. If that's the case, it will be more of the same, misery-wise, as this past season. If I'm Sid and Geno, I'm rethinking my commitment to a franchise that seems to be coming off its moorings.