• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT: Canes @ Tampa 9/17 7:00

cmaleski2

The bar has been raised by Brindy. I fully expect us to dominate pre-season again this year. You better be ready to go all out from puck drop if you want to stick around here. That message gets sent to everyone in the organization. So yeah. pre-season, but expect lopsided shot totals in our favor and even our new NHL/AHL tweeters to bust their asses all over the ice

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
He sounded pretty happy in the post game presser. We should see more vets tomorrow night at home.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
He sounded pretty happy in the post game presser. We should see more vets tomorrow night at home.
Yeah ... that lineup is out and all of the presumed top nine forward group is playing. Whoops ... noticed that you posted that in the other game thread.

Bottom line ... it doesn't matter the matchup. Go play the way you're supposed to play and the score will work itself out. It's nice to see reports that they had the pedal to the metal in this game, because that's more important that the result.

Last edited:

Elsker

I listened to John and Tripp during the first period while driving and streamed the second and third video with the Tampa call.

The team was playing beautifully. Just too much speed, hustle, forechecking, and puck-in-puck-out defense (if they even got down ice far enough to enter the zone before the puck was heading the other way).

Took away their will to...what's the catch word for the night per Brind'Amour (first word on the list that was on the backs of the shirts they were wearing in practice earlier this week)?...compete.

This team is so young that all they know is what Brind'Amour is teaching them. And they're soaking it up like sponges.

Incredibly, this has become our culture...like you want.