• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT: Canes v. Bolts 9/18 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
After a shutout in Tampa last night, the Canes return for the home opener.

We should see a completely different lineup tonight. Maybe Suzuki plays again, but he’s not going to make the team and doesn’t have a contract, so there’s no sense in testing him with different players.

If you can, get there early to avoid the inevitable mess with the new entry system. Didn’t forget the new bag policy either. This one is also streaming on the Canes website and WRALSportsFan.com

JamesNorthern

Ok. Expect us to lose. Its just he way it goes. They have the advantage of icing a lot of unknown quantities. Trust me.

Elsker

Note that Gauthier is being double-shifted for the back-to-back.

He played well last night. Earned the second look.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Note that Gauthier is being double-shifted for the back-to-back.

He played well last night. Earned the second look.
Yeah. Gauthier is one of the few Checkers forwards with both a shot to make the NHL club and something to prove to the Boss. I'd like him to get as much ice time in preseason as he can handle.

SlapShots

What little I saw from Suzuki last night-- smooth, slick skater, good skills, but was too easy to knock off the pick and was a bit overwhelmed at times. Not unexpected,-- needs some man muscle and a bit more experience.

CanadaCanes

What little I saw from Suzuki last night-- smooth, slick skater, good skills, but was too easy to knock off the pick and was a bit overwhelmed at times. Not unexpected,-- needs some man muscle and a bit more experience.
Suzuki sidenote for the upcoming season, his regular Junior coach, Hall of Famer Dale Hawerchuk, is being treated for stomach cancer and has taken a leave of absence from the Barrie Colts as head coach and handing the bench over to former NHL player Warren Rychel for the season. Rychel had a great coaching run in Windsor the past several years.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
Yeah ... he's a kid. Like the vast majority of them, he's not ready to play NHL type competition in his draft year. He's obviously got playmaking skills though, with the skating ability to make those skills count. I don't know that the Canes really have a center like him in the system, now that Terravainen is a full time winger. The closest would be Necas if he ends up getting shifted back to center.

JFG

Anyone have any insights in how to steam tonight's game on a TV? Any apps out there for smart TV's? What about on iPads? Why is this so difficult? I thought TV streaming thru the Internet was the next best thing. Thanks.

HeyKurtz

Anyone have any insights in how to steam tonight's game on a TV? Any apps out there for smart TV's? What about on iPads? Why is this so difficult? I thought TV streaming thru the Internet was the next best thing. Thanks.
If your smart TV doesn't have a built-in browser, stream it on a laptop or an iPad and cast it to your TV.

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
If your smart TV doesn't have a built-in browser, stream it on a laptop or an iPad and cast it to your TV.
Hopefully the audio and video sync better than last night. The audio was about 2 minutes ahead. I turned it off.

TheBigKahuna

Look at Suzuki and Svech side by side, and it's easy to see why one is NHL ready at 18, and one has a way to go. Suzuki would have to have lights out skills to play at his size.

JamesNorthern

Early comments catching this one with John and Tripp.... Svech's shot is just an absolute lazer. I liked that small sample of he and Hamilton on the point of the PP. Haula comes as advertised. Noticed Dzingle has changed to 18

cmaleski2

Really what I'm most interested in hearing from folks who are at the game tonight....the scoreboard? Opinions? I won't be in the arena until the freebie game next Sunday the 29th.

Last edited: