• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Round 2 Game 4 GDT: Canes @ Lightning 6/5 4:00

I wish we had some size with snarl to go with our skill
And Nino & Trochek in. And Tampon Bay under $100 million. The UNC of the NHL.
I was thinking Duke, but I think we agree philosophically. Between the Joke of officiating and their playoff team being $20M over e salary cap (yeah I know they are technically within the rules) I am rooting against Tb as hard as I usually root against the patriots or the cowboys or Coach K.

It's hard to believe how this team can go from dominating to dumpster-fire in a single game. I didn't agree with all of the calls against Svech, but he needs to grow up and stop taking stupid penalties. When he's not scoring he's hurting us. And I've also about had it with Dougie and Bean. Our once powerful defense and PK looks like swiss cheese right now. Give credit to Tampa. They have the talent and aren't afraid to use it.

I mean ... sure, I guess. But all those thing you're hating on at the end of the game were just fine when the Canes were up 4-2. That's why I'm having trouble coming up with cogent thoughts on this game and why I'm really just not going to bother. Suffice to say that a team capable of getting to the point where it was 4-2 on the road against a Tampa team that wasn't exactly breaking down beforehand can absolutely figure out how to win the next game ... same as it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to figure out how not to give up 4 unanswered to blow that lead. Meh ... told you I have nothing to add, so I'll stop. That game was every frustration you've ever felt in sports bottled up in an hour and a half package.

Last edited:
Back