• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rule Changes

I thought we agreed to a 44-22-6 cap? I'm really confused, to be honest. We're well into the season and I think we need to land on something today.

If people don't want to provide their feedback on the topic, that's more than cool. But, I think those of us that have seem to have landed on something.

Yeah I guess, but again, weren't we just trying to get away from the separate limits?

We can just set it so that skaters have a max of 70 GP and goalies have a max of 6 GP and you still don't really have to worry about it much.

Feels like we're telling everyone they have to build their teams the exact same way with the F/D/G limits. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way though.

I thought we agreed to a 44-22-6 cap? I'm really confused, to be honest. We're well into the season and I think we need to land on something today.

If people don't want to provide their feedback on the topic, that's more than cool. But, I think those of us that have seem to have landed on something.

We landed on that, then someone came along and disagreed... and I wasn't sure it was right to just go ahead with an in season change if there was opposition.

I was under the impression we didn't agree to the new F/D/G limit because I questioned it.

Yeah I guess, but again, weren't we just trying to get away from the separate limits?

We can just set it so that skaters have a max of 70 GP and goalies have a max of 6 GP and you still don't really have to worry about it much.

Feels like we're telling everyone they have to build their teams the exact same way with the F/D/G limits. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way though.

Agree with this. The 70 GP limit for skaters and the 6 for G makes things easy. But, wasn't it the 70GP component for skaters the part that Fantrax couldn't manage?

I think the Fantrax issue is that it still needs to be policed one way or another.

Let's take it back to last season for an example: There was a max of 24 GP for defencemen and let's say you're at 22 heading into Saturday. You can still play six defencemen Saturday night and get to 28 before the limit is actually enforced. So that needs to be policed by either the individual owner (beforehand) or the commish (afterwards).

But honestly, it doesn't seem like people care enough either way.

For the record, I'm against going back to the F/D/G limits.

We agreed to go the skater/goalie route in the offseason and think we should stick with that. It can be set up on Fantrax the same way.

Actually it looks like I was wrong when I said it can be set up the same way. Gave Fantrax too much credit.

My point remains the same though – I think we should stick with the agreed upon 70 GP limit with a max of six goalie games.

I’m cool with the 70GP limit. I thought we moved away from it because it had to be micromanaged. But, if teams can go over the GP limit now without manual intervention, isn’t it really the same scenario?

I don't really care how we handle the skater situation, as long as the skaters/goalies are counted separately.

Ok... so I just removed the F/D limits in Fantrax and it's pretty easy to police ourselves (I've been doing it manually for years in the other leagues I commish).

The only issues I came across were that two teams have gone over the 70 GP limit multiple times.

Do we have a punishment for going over the limit or should we let those slide for the first five weeks and start policing it now?

I think that sounds good going forward but since not everyone was even sure of what the rules were, I think we can let it slide for the first five weeks.

Or at least find some kind of compromise.

I guess until then we can just remove the highest scoring games (the amount of games they went over) from Sunday.

So... Week 6 on: 70 GP with a max of six goalie games and each game over the limit is a five-point penalty?

Back