• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

uncus

Mucho needs a boost. Willy can drive a line.
I like the idea of Matthew's, marner and Moore.
Leave the kerfoot line alone.
And stick nylander with johnsson and whoever.
But I would dress spezza as an option for center in case of emergency or as a defensive option cause nylander sucks defensively in all areas.

zeke

Nylander finally gets his chance on the top PP unit. That should be a huge boost to their zone entries, at least. Sounds like he's moving into Tavares' slot up high. Would be sweet if it works out....and then Tavares comes in to replace Johnsson, not Willy.

Tavares
Marner - Nylander - Matthews
Rielly

Mikheyev
Kapanen - Johnsson - Kerfoot
Barrie

Preston

Nylander finally gets his chance on the top PP unit. That should be a huge boost to their zone entries, at least. Sounds like he's moving into Tavares' slot up high. Would be sweet if it works out....and then Tavares comes in to replace Johnsson, not Willy.

Tavares
Rielly

Mikheyev
Barrie
Very nice. I approve of all of this. If icetime allocation improves and PP1 improves, this Tavares injury could be a blessing.

LeafGm

Love to see Willy taking Johnny C's place on the #1 power-play unit.

I don't hate the lines either, even if that configuration wouldn't have been my first choice.

Hopefully having two speedy wingers like Moore & Kapanen will be enough to make up to Spezza being slow as ****. You'd have to think he'll also be motivated to prove that he shouldn't come right back out of the lineup once Tavares is back.

Preston

you guys are worrying too much about Spezza.

The Bruins' 3rd line center right now is....Par Lindholm.
I'm not worried about Spezza. I don't give a **** about him. I just want the leafs best players to play as much as the best players on other teams.

LeafGm

Hah...had no idea Lindholm was still in the league, let alone that he'd made his way to Boston. As is tradition, that useless plug will probably score against us on Saturday night after scoring one single goal for us in 61 games last year.

As for our third line...it would be less of a big deal if Babcock leaned harder on our top-2 lines. But I strongly suspect Matthews will still be getting 18-19 minutes a game while Tavares is out.

Still, to your point, Spezza is a whole lot of a better option than most teams would have to plug into the lineup if one of their top-2 centers went down.

Wayward DP

wow. did not see that coming.

dude would not even crack our roster. well, he probably would cause of babs. but he shouldn't.

uncus

Tavares
Rielly

Mikheyev
Barrie
If you want the best players on the 1st PP unit, than mikheyev should be the one promoted up to the 1st pp unit.
The guy will shoot and can play the boards.

Have a funny feeling that this might be a turning point where the forwards might start playing a sound 200 foot game.
If not ..... this could go off the cliff real quick.