• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The 2019-2020 MotherFucking Season Thread

Matrim

Yeah I didn't get the sarcasm either, mainly because others on this board were saying shit like that and meaning it.

BG

Its ok to feel conflicted about Cherry. He's been a major part of every Canadian hockey fans life for decades. My grandma says some pretty racist shit but I still love her.
Imagine how conflicted veterans must feel, especially the racist ones.

LeafGm

I'm still embarrassed that canadians protested Ron McLean being fired all those years ago.

I feel like that was less about MacLean, and more about Strombo being a constant cringe-fest as his replacement.

Leafin'

Strombo was trash on hnic.

Don't mind the guy in general but i thought hockey talk wasn't his thing.

Artnes

Jumped on to moneypuck for the first time this year and **** me that is depressing to see

Powerscore - 24th
EV Xgf - 30th
Team Sv% - 15th
PP Xgf - 12th
SH% - 21st

leafman101

The shot quality so far this year is a big issue, and a much bigger issue than any defense issues, lineup/usage decisions over the last few years IMO.

leafman101

The only silver lining I've been able to find is the Caps xG have also been terrible, including the year they won. The Blues last year too.

leafman101

Cup winners xGF (NHL Rank)
2019: Blues- 2.4 (9th)
2018: Caps - 2.25 (20th)
2017: Pens - 2.63 (1st)
2016: Pens - 2.48 (2nd)
2015: Hawks - 2.27 (6th)
2014: Kings - 2.4 (3rd)
2013: Hawks - 2.21 (12th)
2012: Kings - 2.2 (13th)
2011: Bruins - 2.2 (13th)
2010: Hawks - 2.46 (1st)
2009: Pens - 2.08 (9th)
2008: Wings - 2.19 (7th)

zeke

I feel like that was less about MacLean, and more about Strombo being a constant cringe-fest as his replacement.
oh no no no - way before that, way back like in 2001 or something. His contract was up and CBC wasn't caving to his demands so he threatened to quit, and canadians rose up in mass protest to force CBC to cave.

Volcanologist

Maybe now with Blowhard gone Maclean can do something more than nod his head like a wooden doll in that segment, since he could never get a word in edgewise most nights.