• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Pre-Season/Training Camp Thread (2019/20)

leafman101

I think passing on DeSmith was a mistake. Goaltending has been Dubas’ one blind spot so far. Although I fairness with Andersen he doesn’t have to worry much about it.

WellPlayed

Dermott was a drunk twat in newfoundland and got bailed out by Auston being a good guy....literally days before the captain underpants news dropped.

These guys aren't special people, they're just people who happen to be really really good at a sport that I'm cool devoting a significant portion of my finite lifespan watching and enjoying. Too many people are looking for heroes instead of entertainment. Which isn't to say that we should be cool with some of the uglier aspects of their personalities coming out but people get all emotional about it and shit.
Whats the story? That's funny. Everytime I see Dermott do an interview I think "I would hate that guy in person"

Artnes

Whats the story? That's funny. Everytime I see Dermott do an interview I think "I would hate that guy in person"
One of my buddies was out with his group for a friends bday after the Sens game and a few Leafs happened to be there. He was chatting one of the girls and grabbed her drink out of her hand and slammed it. The husband got up and asked what his deal was and he grabbed the guys face and pushed him.

Needless to say the entire table stood up ready to lay into him but Matthews stepped in to smooth things over and bought them drinks

These guys fight among themselves on random Friday night so needless to say it wouldnt have ended well for him. Not to mention the media circus that would have followed

Reactions: BG

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I wasn't told many details. Dermott acted the fool while liquored, Captain Underpants came to the rescue when a couple of boys at the bar were sick of Dermott's shit, and calmed the lads down.

Volcanologist

One of my buddies was out with his group for a friends bday after the Sens game and a few Leafs happened to be there. He was chatting one of the girls and grabbed her drink out of her hand and slammed it. The husband got up and asked what his deal was and he grabbed the guys face and pushed him.

Needless to say the entire table stood up ready to lay into him but Matthews stepped in to smooth things over and bought them drinks

These guys fight among themselves on random Friday night so needless to say it wouldnt have ended well for him. Not to mention the media circus that would have followed
I kinda knew he was a twat after that cornrows pic, but this confirms it.

Preston

And just to think... These ex-players are the "executives" throughout the league. What a world we live in.

I am so thankful for Dubas.

Matrim

And just to think... These ex-players are the "executives" throughout the league. What a world we live in.

I am so thankful for Dubas.
Was thinking that. Are the ones that go into management the ones who aren't meatheads? Probably not but the NHL is pretty dumb so I'm sure some are.

zeke

Seems lilly is up for more than just pure cap reasons.

Seems like he's earned himself official Gudpro status. Very good news.

"we are very excited about it. Lilly Pad is here too and he has done a real nice job. I thought last year he and Sandman really turned themselves into good players. What I like about both of them is that they are both real determined guys. They are in the gym. They live right. They want to be hockey players."

They live right. Hopefully Lilly learns where to stand soon - but it seems like Sandin has that part figured out already.

soco22

So excited to have this closed down tomorrow and the 2019-20 season thread open with game 1 and our new captain being announced :)