• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing Pre-Season/Training Camp Thread (2019/20)

I don't care about his corsi, or his entry denial. Marincin is a bad hockey player who makes bad hockey plays in the places and times you can least afford bad hockey plays.

Did Dulcair actually get a shot off? I thought the Leafs did a great job thwarting him without taking a penalty.

I know it's only the first preseason game and the grind will likely get to the old fart, but Spezza looks way better than I expected.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking the same.

It’s pre-season and against a bunch of the worst team in the league’s scrubs, but he does look good against them at least.

Little concerned with Schmaltz's skating. Starting to understand why he didn't stick in St Louis. Has struggled with two forwards taking him wide through the neutral zone just since I started watching.

On the last one, he kept the guy well to the outside for a minimal percentage shot (unless it's game 7). But, yeah, not the most fleet of foot. Might need some Underhill.

Not many standouts in the one. Spezza and Gauthier looked good, so did Brooks and Timashov. Bracco did himself no favours, I don't think. Thought Schmaltz improved as the game wore on. Barrie looked like a vet playing his first preseason game. Kapanen's lack of playmaking skill was on full display.

I gotta say, I am mucho skeptical that Babcock will get onside with the game plan. He's shown no signs of it since Doob took over. Rather, he's squawked to the media at every turn.

Why is Babs being a tit and throwing Spezza under the bus

Because Spezza is out there trying to play hockey, which is not the game he likes his pluggers to play. He made his expectations of Spezza clear the last few days in his whole "we have a role for him if he wants it" speech. The role is 4th line plug, PK'er and gud pro.

This fucking guy is never going to change. Dubas is going to have to sack up and make the change.

Back