• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I don't know man, Dallas trading up for Doncic and MPJ dropping to 14th were kind of big if you've been following this draft class for a bit.

I don't know man, Dallas trading up for Doncic and MPJ dropping to 14th were kind of big if you've been following this draft class for a bit.

Sure draft excitement. But nothing of known commodities moving is where I was going with that.

Doncic I think will be a great player.

Ok I'll bite. Why would he consider the Raptors?

- Eastern Conference
- Already a (pre/con)tender

Like I brought up a few weeks ago, IF Lebron doesn't/shouldn't want any part of the western conference (which would be smart, much easier path to the NBA finals not having to run through whatever the Lakers are going to look like (Kahwi/PG3?) a revamped OKC (They still have an all world player and won't sit on their hands and piss away his prime), the elite Rockets, the champion Warriors, the other other splash brothers in Portland, the freak that is Anthony Davis just starting to figure out how good he is, etc. Basically the west is a ****ing meat grinder and if the Cavs were in the west this season they probably don't even make the playoffs, never mind getting to the finals.

So if he's staying in the Easy, who is a viable destination?

- Celtics maybe if they're willing to jettison Kyrie in trade (it would be a bad look, but Ainge is heartless so there's a possibility)
- Sixers, but there are all sorts of style of play issues there. Simmons basically plays the role of Lebron in that Sixers offence now and Embiid needs touches. It's not a team built to play Lebron ball and you'd basically have to torch "The Process" to bring in players that would work with Lebron.
- Raptors already play space and pace, would just need improved jump shooters added. Already have 2 all stars in house that would give Lebron a similarish supporting star cast as to what he had in Cleveland with Kyrie and Love.

So if we accept that he's only going to the west if it's with an already elite team (Houston) so he can nap during the regular season again, then we have to look at the possibility of him wanting to stay in the Easy. I don't see another EC team he would even consider at this point.

True, but wasn't there interest in Kyle when he was a free agent? Maybe that interest is still there. and maybe pop would want a bit more of a veteran player.

Tough though, Boston would seem to have better young assets to move than we do.

the celts are loaded with assets. and from an asset management perspective, the cap will soon prevent them from keeping them all, so it makes sense to turn several into Kawhi. would seem to be a good fit, except for the part where Kawhi has said he is apparently only signing with the Lakers...

ShamsCharania

The Toronto Raptors are hiring Oklahoma City Thunder assistant coach Adrian Griffin as a lead assistant on Nick Nurse's staff, league sources tell Yahoo

sam_amick

Rumblings of a Godfather Lakers offer for San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard have rival teams wondering if anyone else can compete here. The latest summer of LeBron has officially begun...

JLew1050

With ample cap space and a need at point guard, several league sources believe the Phoenix Suns are the biggest threat to poach RFA Fred VanVleet from the Raptors, as I (and others) have reported previously.Raps can match any offer VanVleet gets & retaining him is a top priority, I'm told. Teams can't offer more than ~$8.5M in yrs 1 & 2 (Raps included) but if somebody backloads a 4yr offer sheet Toronto will have a tough decision to make, given its tax crunch. How much is too much?

I think FVV will be back in Toronto. Also think they will find a way to dump Powell, even tho I believe he will come back hungry next season.

Back